News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Dragon Cave!

Started by Dannflor, September 05, 2012, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnwing

Quote from: Dannflor on September 15, 2012, 06:50:04 PM
One of my sisters or brothers could have messed with my account so
That was probably it then.  I double-checked, and if it dies of "natural" causes (sickness/out of time), the message is "Unfortunately, this egg/hatchling has died", whereas if it's killed manually (Kill action, Earthquake action), it's "Unfortunately, this egg/hatchling has been killed".  You should probably make sure you log out when you're done with the site to be sure it doesn't happen again.  :(

Redwaller

How do you find something rare? By searching for eggs?

EDIT: I've found out that when you click on an egg on a scroll, all your dragons, hatchlings and eggs get a view.

So if you want an egg to get a view, you have to click on the scroll an then on the egg!

AxeHound

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Redwaller

You can also give your dragons views by clicking on them. It doesn't have to be someone else!

Dawnwing

Quote from: Redwaller on September 15, 2012, 08:48:25 PM
How do you find something rare? By searching for eggs?

Yup, pretty much - looking in each section and stalking the Abandoned page. There's also threads on the Dragcave forum, so maybe you'd be lucky enough to get into a waiting list or if you catch something interesting then a trade.  It might take you a very long time to get one of the super-rare breeds; I've just been trying to collect a full set of male&female adult/male&female&ungendered hatchling for myself, but my Silver only breeds silver about once a year and my Gold has only produced one gold egg so far so it's not a very fast process.

Dannflor

Tis another one
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Redwaller

And how do you find chicken eggs? And trees? And all the easter eggs?

Dawnwing

Quote from: Redwaller on September 16, 2012, 02:47:52 AM
And how do you find chicken eggs? And trees? And all the easter eggs?
Chickens, Dinos, and Leetle Trees (if you mean this one) appear in the Cave at any time (Chickens in any section, Dinos in Jungle, Leetle Trees in Forest), they're just really rare.  You can only own 1 Leetle Tree.

As far as the Easter eggs, that's a holiday event.  DragCave celebrates Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, and Christmas.  There's a special release of a holiday dragon that lasts only for the day (and you can breed eggs of the past years' special releases - normally if I were to breed, say, a Yulebuck and a Red, I'd only get Red eggs for the rest of the year, but for one week before Christmas they would produce Yulebuck eggs).  You can only own two of each holiday dragon, except for the Halloween ones because Halloween is about getting all the candy for yourself.  Apart from the special release, here's what they have had for each holiday (they might choose to do this again, or something different):
- Valentine's Day - Last year, he had a Valentine-sharing system: you chose a background and a preset message, and you could send it to a specific friend or just any random person.
- Easter - For the last two years, we've had a Festival of Eggs, which is where every ten minutes or so, a random egg (which doesn't grow or hatch or anything) appears somewhere on the page, and you just collect them to add to your Easter basket.
- Halloween - If you kill a dragon, when you use the Revive option, you have a 50% chance of it becoming a zombie, rather than the 1% it is the rest of the year.  Zombies are visible all day.  (Normally they're only visible at only 12-2 am EST, or all day on the 31st of the month).  One year, he did "Trick or Treat", which was just like the Festival of Eggs except with Halloween treats.  Last year, he did this cool little Haunted House thing, which was a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story: you'd go through this "house", making decisions on "do you want to go up the stairs to the balcony, or outside into the garden", collecting items that you'd use later (like finding a key that would open a door), and eventually completing the story.
- Christmas - The special holiday dragons are available for three days rather than just one like the Valentine/Easter/Halloween release.  One year, he did a Christmas tree - during the 12 Days of Christmas, each day you logged into the site and clicked on your tree, you'd get a couple ornaments to decorate it; after January 1st there was a contest where you could rate how trees were decorated, and the winners got a prize dragon (this breed, which fortunately is breedable).  Last year, there were quite a few things: a wreath-decorating thing similar to the tree but without the contest; a "Holiday Tales" book which released a dragon-themed Christmas story (like The Polar Express, A Christmas Carol, The Night Before Christmas, etc) each day.  The dragons on your scroll also looked different as "dress up" - they'd be wearing lights, tinsel, etc.

Holidays are pretty cool, especially the last two years.  I'll let you guys know when to start preparing for Halloween. ;)

Redwaller

Ok, thanks for answering my questions!  :)

Lutra

A request from the staff:

Those that have their eggs stacked one on top of another need to have them placed side by side like Dannflor or Redwaller does.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

@Dannflor: How did you get your easter egg?

@Dawnwing: What do Leetle trees do?

Dawnwing

Quote from: Redwaller on September 16, 2012, 08:24:26 PM

This is what I originally thought you meant when you said Easter egg.  Are you talking about that tiny egg Dannflor has?  That's just a breed of dragon - there's a couple pygmy breeds that have smaller eggs.
Leetle Trees really don't do anything, they're just something to collect (and they're considered rare).  It says "Oh my, there is a leetle tree among the eggs" when you see one, and when you click on it, it just adds it to your scroll like a regular dragon.  They change appearance for each season and holiday, though.

Redwaller

Quote from: Dawnwing on September 16, 2012, 10:00:57 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on September 16, 2012, 08:24:26 PM

This is what I originally thought you meant when you said Easter egg.  Are you talking about that tiny egg Dannflor has?  That's just a breed of dragon - there's a couple pygmy breeds that have smaller eggs.
Leetle Trees really don't do anything, they're just something to collect (and they're considered rare).  It says "Oh my, there is a leetle tree among the eggs" when you see one, and when you click on it, it just adds it to your scroll like a regular dragon.  They change appearance for each season and holiday, though.
That's what I meant by easter egg. How do you get chicken eggs?

And thank you for answering my questions!  :)

Dawnwing

Like I said above, Chickens are found in the Cave just like dragons; they can appear in any section, but they're very rare.  (I've only managed to grab one so far... it also happened to be on Easter of that year which was kinda cool.)

Redwaller

K thanks. Is it normal that my hatchlings aren't growing yet?