News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinarandel

"There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination." ~Roald Dahl, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
"The oldest and greatest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and greatest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."~H.P. Lovecraft.

"Try not to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."~William Faulkner.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." ~Terry Goodkind.

Thanquol

"You're saying as if a family can only be made with blood relations. I do not think that is the case. A compassionate heart is what makes people a family. Blood does not help much in that regard. Love. It's love, Nanachi."

-Bondrewd

asmodeus

Quote"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo,"
an entirely grammatically correct sentence in the English language.

Broken down: Buffalo(place in New York) buffalo(animal), Buffalo(place in New York) buffalo(animal) buffalo(bully/intimidate), buffalo(bully/intimidate) Buffalo(place in New York) buffalo(the animal), or more clearly, Buffaloes from Buffalo NY, whom buffaloes from Buffalo NY intimidate, intimidate buffaloes from Buffalo NY.

I use arch btw.

clunylooney

"Grant stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk, and now we stand by each other."
- William Tecumseh Sherman.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Ripred the Gnawer

'Aah! The spider is mine!' — Fflewddur Fflam
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"

Thanquol

Shen: "Not that. How did you find peace? I took away your parents, everything! I-- I scarred you for life!"

Po: "See, that's the thing, Shen. Scars heal."

Shen: "No, they don't. Wounds heal."

Po: "Oh, yeah. What do scars do? They fade I guess?"

MathLuk

There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it.

-Clive Staples Lewis

A bit hypocritical... Staples? Really? No wonder he went by acronyms!
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Flib Bigboat

"No! Don't go in there, please--"
But it was too late. The ferret brushed past her and disappeared into the Gatehouse.
Ripple followed, terrified. Why did this have to happen? Why?

- A random Redwall fanfic I wrote
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Elizibeth had the satisfaction of seeing her father taking pains to get acquainted with him; and Mr. Bennet soon assured her that he (Mr. Darcy) was rising every hour in his esteem.
  "I admire all my three sons-in-law highly," said he. "Wickham, perhaps, is my favourite; but I think I shall like your husband quite as well as Jane's."

:laugh: I love Mr. Bennet's sense of humour.

...with the Bingleys they both of them frequently staid so long, that even Bingley's good humour was overcome, and he proceeded so far as to talk of giving them a hint to be gone.

Both from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Ripred the Gnawer

Oh, my mom loves that book.

'All winter long, everyone had potato to eat, and eat, and eat until no one wanted to see or hear of potato again.' — Jamie O' Rourke and the Giant Potato

(This book is so funny even though it's just a picture book XD)
(Is it breaking the rules if I include the pictures of the people eating potatoes?)
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"

Tungro

"Manipulation of ignorance is undoubtedly the most effective and prominent tool for all fields"

Thanquol

"You can't just walk away, Holland. You haven't heard the best of it yet.........You see, she isn't just dead....She's damned, Holland. Damned to Hell. I ripped her soul from her and it pulsed in my hands, milky white and translucent, and then I hurled down into the deepest sewers of the Afterworld. Just to hear it scream.

Such is my power....the power to condemn a stainless innocent to the Pit."

-Anton Arcane

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Pray, Master Barnardine, awake till
you are executed, and sleep afterwards.

From William Shakespeare'z play, Meazure Fer Meazure.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tungro

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." ― Anna Sewell, Black Beauty

Thanquol

"This...is our...first battle. This is our....final....battle. You claim...the Earth....for your own...Arcane. Yet you have not...one tenth...of the Earth's power. You...mock...God. You make...the world...worthless...with your lies. How...dare...you?!"

-Swamp Thing