News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Rey retains her odd, impractical half-sleeve robe-thing that is some of the most ridiculous clothing I've seen in this franchise. Finn continue to dress in a bland jacket, though not the one Poe gave him, it seems. Kylo Ren has apparently made himself a new helmet, which is both good and bad. Poe looks like Oscar Isaac's character from Triple Frontier. New TIE fighter designs that look just as inane as the dozens of designs from Legends.

Rey does have Anakin's Luke's lightsaber, however, so I guess that's getting remade.

The low quality makes it hard to distinguish all the new details of the stormtroopers at the bottom, but I imagine it's just gimmicky new armor to sell toys, same as the shoretroopers from Rogue One.

What I find by far most interesting is the Knights of Ren, who have gotten no screen time aside from their brief moment in TFA. Fingers crossed that they aren't brutally slaughtered like the Praetorian Guard in TLJ... though I get the feeling that it'll happen anyway. Cool design anyhow.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hickory

Tungro

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ouroboros

You gotta love how out of Luke, Leia, and Han, the only one the writers decided not to kill off in some stupid arbitrary way is the one whose original actor is actually dead. Can't wait for creepy CGI Carrie Fisher.  :-|

The Skarzs

Boi, this gun start some fires.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

I have to admit, the trailer is actually kinda lit and gets me a little bit hyped in spite of myself.  Then I just make myself remember that TLJ had good trailers and that it ended up terrible, as well as the fact that this movie follows up on that abomination and makes Rey a full-fledged Jedi after zero training, and then I'm not so excited anymore.

We must stay strong and boycott this to let Lucasfilm know that TLJ was a wreck.  The only thing they understand is money, and if IX underperforms, it'll let them know that they messed up.  We can't let the new films continue like this.  (And we can't let Rian Johnson keep the trilogy he's got coming up.  If we boycott IX, hopefully they'll see that it was because of TLJ and dump him.)

Also, the IX title is literally the worst thing I have ever heard.  It makes it sound like a fan film.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

Jetthebinturong

Okay now that looks awesome. Hope it'll be on PS4 because if I ever do get a current gen console, that's what it'll be. Do EA have exclusivity deals with Xbox? Is that a thing? I think I heard that's a thing? Could be wrong though.

Why always a blue lightsaber though? Why so basic and boring? Can't we at least have green? Yellow would be my ideal but that's never gonna happen.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shadow of Korriban

New trailer for Clone Wars Season 7 y'all!

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Hickory

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 15, 2019, 12:32:19 AM
Okay now that looks awesome. Hope it'll be on PS4 because if I ever do get a current gen console, that's what it'll be. Do EA have exclusivity deals with Xbox? Is that a thing? I think I heard that's a thing? Could be wrong though.
EA doesn't; I believe it's Microsoft games that are exclusive to Xbox, since that's the company's flagship console.

As for the Clone Wars trailer: Still excited to see Bad Batch and Siege of Mandalore content, also interested to see what happens with Ahsoka. Again, a shame that it's so short, but beggars can't be choosers.

Tungro

*Gets killed by angry mob of Star Wars fans*
I don't agree with everything in the video, but there are some good points

Jetthebinturong

Right well I don't care what Ben Shapiro has to say about anything, but you are aware that most people here are not fans of The Last Jedi and won't attack you for not liking it, right?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Tungro

Most is not all ;)

The Shadow of Korriban

I have problems with both sequel movies.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!