News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Redwall Book: Poll

Started by Gonff, July 07, 2011, 01:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite redwall book?

Lord Brocktree
19 (17.1%)
Martin the Warrior
31 (27.9%)
Mossflower
39 (35.1%)
The Legend of Luke
15 (13.5%)
Outcast of Redwall
9 (8.1%)
Mariel of Redwall
10 (9%)
The Bellmaker
14 (12.6%)
Salamandastron
7 (6.3%)
Redwall
21 (18.9%)
Mattimeo
13 (11.7%)
The Pearls of Lutra
10 (9%)
The Long Patrol
21 (18.9%)
Marlfox
12 (10.8%)
The Taggerung
21 (18.9%)
Triss
11 (9.9%)
Loamhedge
6 (5.4%)
Rakkety Tam
33 (29.7%)
High Rhulain
20 (18%)
Eulalia!
8 (7.2%)
Doomwyte
7 (6.3%)
The Sable Quean
5 (4.5%)
The Rogue Crew
10 (9%)
All of them!!!
30 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 111

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on July 30, 2013, 02:30:34 AM
QuoteWhat is your favorite redwall book?

The "one" where they go on an journey ... or maybe the "one" where they defend the Abbey.  ;)

By the way, the Grammar Police will arrest you - that should be "Which is you favourite Redwall book?".  :)
My family calls me the Grammar policeman because I always correct if they use bad grammar  ;D

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Mariel

Mariel of Redwall.The Bellmaker.Triss. :)

Shadowed One

High Rhulain, Rakkety Tam, Mossflower, Bellmaker, Rogue Crew.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

The Shade

I ownly have two favs, Rakkety Tam, and Mossflower :)
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Banya Streamdog

My top favorite book is Rakkety Tam! It is awesome!!!
EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Banya Streamdog on September 05, 2013, 09:39:43 PM
My top favorite book is Rakkety Tam! It is awesome!!!
That is one of my favorites! (After Doomwyte and Triss.  ;))

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Delthion

Rakkety Tam! I only chose one! That's how amazing it is!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Sable Quean
Mossflower
Marlfox
Pearls of Lutra
Loamhedge
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

After finishing Eulalia, I found that it was quite a goo book. I thought it would be a Lord Brocktree repeat, but to my surprise, it was not! A great plot, characters, and storyline. I will add it to my favorite list!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Russa Nodrey

I voted for...

The Legend of Luke
The Long Patrol
Lord Brocktree
Marlfox
Taggerung
Freddy

LT Sandpaw

Ahem
The Long Patrol of course, that one is just great.

Massive armies, warrior squirrels crazy, badgers and its a sequel.

Can't get much better then that.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Søren

It's been a while sense I read some of these. I wish I could change my votes.

I'm retired from the forum

SoranMBane

I know that this topic has been silent for like seven months, but I just wanted to give some thoughts on the five books I voted for. Plus it seems like this topic tends to get revived a lot, so I figure it's okay. Anyway, here are my picks:

#5: The Bellmaker
I'll be perfectly honest here; this one's mostly on the list because of Blaggut, who happens to be my favourite character in the whole series (he's just so adorable!). It's also a pretty cool book otherwise; it has a fairly unique main villain and we get to explore new places, which are two things that I always appreciate in a Redwall book.

#4: Rakkety Tam
It's been a while since I read this one, but it's definitely the Redwall book that's currently highest on my "to reread" list; I just remember it being a really awesome, intense book. This one also has the two main things I look for in a Redwall book; a unique villain (insane cannibal wolverine!) and a hero with an arc (goes from being a mercenary in service to an idiot king to the champion of Redwall).

#3: The Sable Quean
Criminally underrated, this one; it's just a really solid, enjoyable read. Plus, again, we have a new type of villain with a unique strategy, and a protagonist with a bit of an arc (starts the book as an aimless, irresponsible prodigy, and ends the book as a true hero). Of the last four books Brian wrote, I'd say this is definitely the best one. And of course, this one sports the lovely chapter art of Sean Rubin.

#2: Mossflower
Well, this one does have Gonff (my second favourite character in the whole series) and one of the best appearances of the bats (my favourite real-life animals), so I may be just a tad biased here. It is the second novel Brian wrote, so there are some bits of clumsy prose in this one, but other than that it's just an awesome, fun book all-round.

#1: Martin the Warrior
Whoo... What do I even say about this one? That it's one of the most interesting and thematically-complex Redwall books? That it has one of the most delightful bad guy characters in the whole series (Tramun Clogg!)? That it contains one of the most ruthless gut-punch scenes of my childhood (aside from that one scene in The Neverending Story, anyway)? Whatever way you scratch it, this has got to be my favourite Redwall book.

Other honourable mentions: Marlfox, Taggerung, The Long Patrol (second-highest Redwall book on my "to reread" list), Lord Brocktree.