News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Anchor's Away! (by the way, we do need a name for the ship and maybe the thread)

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, November 03, 2012, 11:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So what do you think?

Great!
10 (62.5%)
Good.
3 (18.8%)
Ok.
2 (12.5%)
Not that good.
0 (0%)
Bad!
0 (0%)
How about...?
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Okay, 'ere's the plot: a ship is about to set sale from Salamandastron. On it, will be all manners of creatures; from mice to moles, to rats and stoats. Anybeast can come aboard. Anybeast. The ship, when everything is ready, will sail off into the sea. Now this is the interesting part.

After leaving Salamandastron, the ship can either attempt to sail to a predetermined place, or just towards wherever they end up. The ship can land at any manner of places and in any way possible. The voyagers then can do various actions, from going ashore, and staying; to visiting for awile and then going back onto the ship and, when ready, sail away.

This means that anybody who wants to either join or leave can do so every time the ship reaches land. Tired of the rough life of sailing? Then get off at the next land and relax for awile. Ready to rejoin the crew? Then just come back aboard at the next land. The latter can be accomplished because their are several ships going back and forth from place to place, but the one thing is that they never meet one another.

As to roles for the crew, it's first come first serve. First one to want to be Captain is Captain. First to want to be Cook is Cook. Ye get the idea. Oh, and one other thing. All crew members must understand that murder, mutiny and the like are all possible factors. But please try not to kill eachother off too quickly, eh?

Now to the ship. It can (as stated above) attempt to sail to a predetermined place, or just sail to wherever the first sign of land is. It can land in any manner of ways, from the usual to shipwrecking. (The latter is cause for either rebuilding entirely, or for another ship to pick them up.)

Remember that there can be all manner of creatures on board, from jolly mice to murderous rats.

So that's the plot. A neverending series of adventures onboard a ship at sea.

And last of all, there are three main rules to remember:

1. Various crimes (if it's determined that it's a crime) such as murder and robbery, should be (again if it's determined to be) reported to the captain, unless he or she honestly doesn't care, encourages it, or any other various reasons for that. So if you're about to commit a crime, and it's not allowed, such as throwing the first mate out to sea, please do it quietly if ye want to get away with it.

2. Once someone's dead, they're dead. This rule is a bit obvious, of course.

3. The usual RP rules, no god-moding, no invincibility, etc.

So, what do ye think?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rainshadow

Seems rather interesting, if I do say so myself!

Name:  Autumn
Species:  Wildcat
Weapon(s):  Natural defenses, two daggers, sling
Appearance:  Ginger fur, green eyes, green tunic with brown belt
Personality:  Clever, cheerful, slightly annoying
Other:  She's wanted to sail the seas for as long as she's known, and now that she has an opportunity, Autumn became the cook's apprentice.  She's an orphan and a rather good cook.

Autumn looks like this:
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

phoenixfoden

Name:steelclaw
speices:pine marten
weapons:cutlass,claws
Apperance:heavily tattooed,always smiling.wears dirty clothes.
Personality:happy,likes the sea,sword fights and paw fights,has bad paw odour.
Occupation:usualy cleaning the ship but will pawfight for money.
Other:likes to joke,wants to explore the world.

rakkety tam

i beleive i will join  not now though gotta do some stuff this looks cool
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Lord Gorath

Name: Brocktree VIII
Species: Badger
Weapons: steel broadsword, iron mace
Appearance: Gray fur, maroon stripe down back, black side-stripes, green leather tunic, steel boots, and mail chest-plate.
Personality: Righteous, humorous.
Other: Likes to swordfight, wrestles often, follows the law

redwallgurl

Awesome idea!

Name: Ramla
Species: otter
Weapons: Two twin cutlass's
Appearence: Semi good looking otter with sharp green eyes and worn brown fur
Personality: Strong leader but can be joyful. Deals out punishment harshly
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Lord Gorath

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

W0NWILL

Name: Russet
Species: Fox
Personality: He has a hard time focusing and can often be seen with a blank stare, however, he can concentrate on his work. Sometimes, he can't help but notice strange looking clouds and such when in peril.
Appearance:

Side: Neutral, but leaning towards evil

Name: Colonel Marri Torsorem of the Long Patrol
Species: Hare
Personality: Is everything a good officer should be. However, she is fairly depressed, and is a deep thinker. She feels that she should get plenty of respect from the other beasts, after all, she was a colonel.
Appearance: Tall, naturally thin, black. A scar runs from the top of her right eye, to the bottom. Thankfully, she wears an eyepatch to cover this.
Side: Good

Lord Gorath

Rainshadow

Hey, anyone remember this?  This was a really good idea, and I think it needs some remembering!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

Griffen

Alright now this sounds something i can do since it doesn't require me to be on too much... but i need a new character so give me a bit... and has it started?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Griffen on December 11, 2012, 10:37:47 PM
Alright now this sounds something i can do since it doesn't require me to be on too much... but i need a new character so give me a bit... and has it started?

You're in luck!  It hasn't started yet.

Quote from: Romsca on December 11, 2012, 08:09:26 PM
Can we be characters from actual redwall books?

Most likely not.  Pretty much all of us use fan made characters.  Though, when HiAG gets on again, you could ask him.