News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Redwall Murder Mystery!

Started by Something Horrifying, December 11, 2012, 12:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Based on the info below, would you participate in this RP/game?

Yes.
8 (50%)
No.
1 (6.3%)
Maybe?
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Something Horrifying

Hey everyone, just thought I'd throw this out there--I'm in the process of coming up with a story for an idea I've been playing with for a while now...a Redwall murder mystery! This RP would be a little different from most, because it would be part RP, part structured game. The game part comes into play because while your character has to try and solve a murder...so do you! But be careful, because there is a murderer on the loose, and you never know if your character might be the next victim!

For the first game, I think I'd like to structure it a little more carefully, with the story more heavily provided to the players, who do get to shape it to a degree, but a lot of plot will be set up and planned for ahead of time. The murderer would be an NPC, played along with other NPCs by the DM (me), and the player characters would be trying to figure out which character is the murderer.

At some point in the future I'd like to maybe consider a variation where the murderer is also a player character, whose player I would communicate with via PM, and all the player characters would have to also be suspicious of each other. That becomes more difficult, I think, though, so I'd like to wait.

This is all still up in the air, nothing quite set in stone, but I thought I'd make a post to gauge interest before getting too far into the planning and story-writing. The idea of the "murder mystery" is pretty important, because while this is the Redwall universe, the story will focus on trying to solve a murder through clues and character interaction, and contain little to no fighting and adventure.

SO! Would anyone like to see this happen, or better yet participate?
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Rainshadow

Sounds rather interesting.  I'm in!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

I might join, if you did this. It sounds interesting!
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

BrookSkimmer

I think this would be great! The RPers here seem to respond really well to the hosts of threads being really active with driving the plot.

W0NWILL

Count me in, I wouldn't miss this.

Redwaller

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

phoenixfoden

I may if i can be a sherlock style detective!

Griffen

This sound awesome! however i dont have the time to participate i will no doubtly keep up and read all of it!

Something Horrifying

Alright, I think this has enough interest to move forward! I'm so glad you guys are into it, I really hope it works! I have some ideas for a story already, but it'll take a little more time to plan, and figure out the mechanics of the game. I'm thinking we'll have a system of "rounds", in which players will have a certain amount of time (in-game time or number of posts, I know sometimes people are too busy to meet an RL deadline so I wouldn't do that) to investigate and interact before something happens.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: phoenixfoden on December 11, 2012, 08:49:33 PM
I may if i can be a sherlock style detective!

;D Took the words right out of my mouth (keyboard?). Heehee. A Sherlock Holmes running loose in Redwall. The possibilities...
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Ceteruler

I'm interested in joining, although I think it would be much more mysterious if one of us played the murderer, and only that author and Something Horrifying would know who it is. Makes it much more entertaining to figure it out.

Rainshadow

Whoa, I'd completely forgotten about this RP!  Though, I don't know if SH is still doing it.  I hope she still feels up to it, because I'd like this RP to actually work!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

KitrallStreamrippler

Something that I just noticed amuses me: Something Horrifying and Sherlock Holmes have the same initials...
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rainshadow

Lol, yeah, I noticed that after I started watching Sherlock.  I was like:  "Huh, SH...  Sherlock Holmes?  Ha!"