News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Redwall Comics for the newspaper!!!!

Started by winifred, December 29, 2012, 09:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winifred

I've had this idea for a long time. To invent a Redwall funny collum in the comics section of the paper. It would be great!!! All the little jokes that make up the awesomness of the books could be some of the comics.
  Imagine:   The scene of Dotti and Bucko bigbones in the middle of their eating contest! Or the insult contest!
  What do you think? Or any ideas?

Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Redwallfan7

I'm all for it, but to me there's little humor in the Redwall series. It'd probably be limited. Not being rude, I'm just pointing that out.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

winifred

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on December 29, 2012, 10:29:56 PM
I'm all for it, but to me there's little humor in the Redwall series. It'd probably be limited. Not being rude, I'm just pointing that out.
Everyone is free to have their own opinions, but WHAT??!!!!!!!
Please explain!
Quote from: Tam and Martin on December 30, 2012, 12:23:13 AM
That would be funny
Thanks! Any other ideas to use, or anything?
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...

Lutra

What redwallfan7 means is that Redwall doesn't have any natural points of humor in the sense as we see humor.  Outside of creatures getting their ears or whiskers tweaked when they make a gaff, there are not many humorous lines within the stories, unless you intend to make some.  

The funniest line I remember from the stories is as follows:

Cheek: *runs out into the rain and looks on as Basil, Jess and Matthias are eating under the wagon*

Matthias: We're going to have a late lunch first.

Cheek: *comes back to the wagon* I'm hungry.

Basil: That's funny, I thought you were Cheek.

Cheek: Haha, he's funny he is.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

There were plenty of funny parts, but they might not be long enough for a whole comic strip.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

winifred

Ya I know ;D but think BIG. What about comics that have a continuos story?
And I believe there is lots of humor in Redwall that people would love.
It doesn't have to be all from the books it could be made up from the redwall point of view.
An example: a comic I did once, was of basil in one box bragging about what a great fighter and long patroler he was. Then it was followed by some vermin catching him by surprise and tying him up mumbling verminy things ( :P ) next box was the vermin leading him off with him complaining.
Another one was skipper making hotroot soup. That was followed with the hotroot lid coming off the shaker and the whole lot dumping in. next box was basil eating the soup and complimenting skipper *who had a sheepish look and an empty shaker* And some shrews running and screaming for the river. :D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...

Lutra

Stuff like that would work. :)  Again, that's more along the lines of things you have to make up, and that's typically what comics are...made up.  You could probably make 3 and 6 panel strips easily.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ungatt Trunn

The comic strips wouldn't have to be that long. I'v seen comics (Tundra, for example. If you don't know what Tundra is, here's the link to a wikipedia page about it:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tundra_(comic_strip)) that would probubly be the best way to have a Redwall comic.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwaller

Personally, I don't think it'll ever be in a paper(Not where I live).

But maybe we could make it for the Redwall Abbey Times?

Once the Forum is up, I'll have a paper too.