News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Eulalia!!!

Started by Redwaller, January 16, 2013, 01:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

A military cemetery. Near one of the graves of the soldiers it said "Eulalia, his wife"

Kitsune

A little of-topic, Romsca....
I always knew Eulalia was a name... (for those of you who like writing fanfic idea! Who was she? What did she do? Blah, blah, so on.)
(AND..... for those of you who like it the way it is, meaning victory, please don't be too mad at me for suggesting this! *Cowers*) ;D

Ungatt Trunn

For some reason when I translate the word on my computer, it says that It's spanish. How did I get that ???

Life is too short to rush through it.

rachel25

Don't know are you tiping it right ???????????????????????? OH and did you know that LUTRA is Latin for otter and that BROCK is latin for badger  ;) :D :) 8) :P :-* :o ;D

Romsca

Actually I heard brock was Old English for badger...but I'm probably wrong. Anyway, Eulalia is also a Spanish name, I think

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rachel25 on March 16, 2013, 02:43:45 PM
OH and did you know that LUTRA is Latin for otter and that BROCK is latin for badger  ;) :D :) 8) :P :-* :o ;D
I knew that Brock was Latin for Badger, but I never knew that Lutra was Latin for otter. I'm just learn' every day 8)!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Orinoco

Quote from: Romsca on March 16, 2013, 04:18:46 PM
Actually I heard brock was Old English for badger...but I'm probably wrong. Anyway, Eulalia is also a Spanish name, I think

You're right, Romsca. Brock is an Old English name for badger. Meles is Latin for badger.

Back on topic: I always thought "Eulalia" was a rather beautiful sounding word. I would get the chills (the good, exciting kind) whenever it was used as a warcry in the books.  ;)
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

DanielofRedwall

Brian Jacques said in "Ask Brian" that "Eulalia" was actually Celtic/Norse for "Victory", not Latin or Spanish...
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwaller

Yeah, I knew it was something of the sort. I updated the first post.