News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What should I get at the library?

Started by Mattio, January 25, 2013, 12:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattio

This is a topic where you just tell me your favorite redwall books and basically give me things to get at the library.

Redwallfan7

Just get what interests you. I love going to the library, that's where I got Mossflower.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Mattio

Me to seriously I just got moss flower yesterday and that's not what I meant by this topic just say which books you think I should read because I like to hear recommendations

Leatho Shellhound

Peter and the Starcatchers series is a must read. As well as the Narnia books.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Mattio

I'll look it up on my library computers

phoenixfoden

welkin weasels!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o if you can find them

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: phoenixfoden on January 25, 2013, 03:04:01 AM
welkin weasels!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o if you can find them

I knew you would say that, lol.

click the banner

phoenixfoden

did you know ive talked to the author of them online it was awesome!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: phoenixfoden on January 25, 2013, 03:13:33 AM
did you know ive talked to the author of them online it was awesome!

Thats cool, I should read those books my self.

click the banner

phoenixfoden

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: phoenixfoden on January 25, 2013, 03:18:04 AM
you will love them ;)

I most likely will, only I have to read Deerslayer for school, any one read it?

click the banner

W0NWILL

Nope. What's it about? I'd get Mouse Guard, and Series of Unfortunate Events is good for a laugh. Of course, there's The Long Patrol, Rakkety Tam, Triss...

Mattio

I've read long patrol it was a very good one. I thinks it funny when my friends have like skinny books they're not even going to read and I have like 2 redwall books they just look at me

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: W0NWILL on January 25, 2013, 04:12:41 AM
Nope. What's it about?
It is part of a North Amarica book  series in which The Last of the Mohicans is one of them. There are five books in the  series which all together are called The Leatherstocking Tales. I am reading Deerslayer, book 2 I think.

click the banner

WarriorOfMossflower

Well, as far as Redwall books go, I really liked Marlfox.
Outside of Redwall, I recommend Maximum Ride, The Hobbit, or The Inheritance Cycle.
Maximum Ride is about a group of six avian-human hybrids. When they were young, bird DNA was infused into their own, thus resulting in wings and other birdlike features. They're constantly on the run from the mad scientists who did it to them. The scientists operate from a place called the School, which is really a part of a large corporation called Itex. Several minions of the School are after the bird kids. They're called Erasers, and they're wolf-human hybrids (forgot the technical term). There are several books in the series, and I'm trying to get book four right now.

The Hobbit, recently made into a movie, is a sort-of prequel to the Lord of the Rings series. It's about a peculiar little creature, called a hobbit, named Bilbo Baggins. The poor fellow involuntarily joins an unexpected journey to the Lonely Mountain, where he must face the terrible dragon Smaug and help the dwarves reclaim their gold from him. Along the way, Bilbo must pass through the vast Misty Mountains, where he and his dwarf companions encounter several evil goblins. After the Misty Mountains, they must still cross through the endless forest of Mirkwood, in which they meet the wood-elves and giant spiders. But the journey does not end when they clear the dangerous forest: now they must go to the Lonely Mountain and face Smaug. Unfortunately, their plans were not very well thought out, and they had no idea how to deal with the dragon. After they succeeded in entering the mountain, Bilbo angers Smaug by taunting him. Enraged, Smaug makes several attempts to roast Bilbo and the dwarves.
Eventually, the dragon does come to an end, but I will not spoil the story and tell you how. Skipping that part, there is yet another challenge. The goblins have joined with the wolves to claim revenge for the escape of the hobbit and dwarves. The elves had come to assist the Lakemen after Smaug destroyed their Laketown, and they rush to the Lonely Mountain to claim their own share of the treasure hoard. Soon, they are caught in the fight between dwarves, goblins, and wolves. Thus, it became known as the Battle of Five Armies.
After Bilbo and company emerged victorious, he and the wizard Gandalf returned to his lovely hobbit-hole. The story doesn't have the second title of "There and Back Again" without reason.

The first book of the Inheritance Cycle is called Eragon. The title character is a mere boy in Carvahall, a city of Palancar Valley, until he goes hunting in the Spine and returns with a mysterious blue stone. The stone turns out to be a dragon egg, from which his companion Saphira hatches. When the Ra'zac, agents of King Galbatorix who are searching for the stone, burn down Eragon's farm and his uncle Garrow with it, Eragon begins a quest for vengeance. He is accompanied by the town's storyteller, Brom, and together they go on a fantastic voyage across Alagaesia. Later, Eragon meets a mysterious man called Murtagh, who becomes his second companion. In a city called Gil'ead, Eragon is captured. When he escapes, thanks to Murtagh, he rescues the elf maiden called Arya. They journey to the Varden, a group that resists the Galbatorix's reign, and Eragon declares himself the first of a new generation of Riders in Alagaesia.
In Tronjheim, the mountain city of Farthen Dur, Eragon and Saphira are welcomed. Soon, there is an attack from a Shade under Galbatorix's service. Durza the Shade is assisted by hundreds of Urgals and Kull, but Eragon and company eventually triumph. I will not say how, for the sake of not spoiling the story.
It is a really, really long book, and I left a lot out. For that, I appologize. I tried to give the most basic summary I could. I am currently reading the second book, Eldest, and I cannot yet give a summary on that.

Anyhow, hope you try these books. They're awesome, but I understand that everyone has different tastes. 
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.