What do you think of bagpipes?

They are the coolest instrument ever!
They are pretty darn awesome.
*shrug* They're okay.
They're really weird.
They are so annoying!
What are bagpipes?

KitrallStreamrippler

So, what is your opinion on bagpipes? I personally think they're awesome, and I want to learn how to play them. ;D
Also, I think Scotland is a beautiful place.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Tam and Martin

They are interesting. I like the sound but our Great Grand-father played it and our Mom remembered him emptying the spit from the ball.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'm currently learnin' tae play ze practice chanter, vitch iz ze practice instrument for ze Bagpipez.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

KitrallStreamrippler

That's really cool! ;D Unfortunately, though I really want to learn how to play them, I don't think I have enough patience or commitment.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Tam and Martin

You need patience if you are to play an instrument. I didn't have patience when I started playing Violin but I started developing a lot more and it's easier

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

WarriorOfMossflower

I like bagpipes, they're really neat.
And Scotland, too. Scotland's awesome. I'm a huge fan of Scottish accents.  ;) My dream is to live in one of the countries of the UK, and Scotland is my second choice (second only to England).
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

KitrallStreamrippler

Yes! ;D I love Scottish music, too. Back on the subject of bagpipes, my friend told me a quote (from a Spyro game, I think?) that goes: "Music can soothe a savage beast- but bagpipes can break solid rock."

phoenixfoden

i love bagpipes (as long as they are not to loud :o)and i think scotland is beutiful,they are thinking of reintroducing wolves there so that is great! :)

Gingivere Greeneyes

I feel so loved being a Scottish person.  :P

I don't think they're actually re-introducing wolves though, we simply don't have the space. If any large carnivores are released, the lynx is the most obvious choice.

(Is it bad even though I'm Scottish bag-pipes rather annoy me occasionally?  :P )
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

CrazyPug37

I love the sound of Bagpipes; it would be neat to learn from like a Scottish master or something.

They will never top the holy Alto Saxophone, though.  8)
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Rusvul

I vote for the "Pretty darn awesome" and the "Really weird" options. They pretty much sum up how I feel about bagpipes. :P

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Gingivere Greeneyes on May 22, 2013, 10:20:14 PM
I feel so loved being a Scottish person.  :P

I don't think they're actually re-introducing wolves though, we simply don't have the space. If any large carnivores are released, the lynx is the most obvious choice.

(Is it bad even though I'm Scottish bag-pipes rather annoy me occasionally?  :P )
thats a pity,still a beutiful place.
i guess its ok for you not to like bagpipes if your scottish,you may have sensitive ears.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Me Bagpipez lezzonz are goin' along great! Ah 'ave learned "Zcotz Va Hae" an' "Brovn 'aired Maiden" zae far.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Gingivere Greeneyes

Scottish people have a right to dislike, all you others better get liking! XD
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Tarquin L. Woodsorrel

As a Scot born and bred in I can honestly say if you sit in the very front seat of a pipe band hall listening to the full compliment it not only deafens you permanently (well, almost) but also destroys any love you may ever have had of the instrument. Just a warning. Take earmuffs if going within 20m of a pipe band in a confined space. No joke.

PLEASE NOTE: Pipes are awesome when the volume is adjustable, in a parade or otherwise. I like them and well recommend them if, and only if they are outside (as long as there are no mothers trying to get babies to sleep.)
Did you know Woodsorrel is an edible plant that has a taste similar to apples?