News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Your favorite Series, Trilogies and Novels

Started by martins#1fan, July 14, 2011, 06:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your fav.

Lord of the Rings
21 (51.2%)
Redwall
40 (97.6%)
Narnia
15 (36.6%)
Warriors
4 (9.8%)
The Pilgrim's Progress
1 (2.4%)
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
1 (2.4%)
War of the Worlds
2 (4.9%)
The Love comes softly series
0 (0%)
Winnie the Pooh
4 (9.8%)
Harry Potter
11 (26.8%)
Star Wars
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Nightfire

I dodn't vote because there were more than three that are my fav series, trilogies, or novels. Lord of the Rings. Warriors. Redwall. Winnie the Pooh. Chronicles of Narnia. The list is endless! Anyhoo, I didn't vote because I love alot more than three.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

gorath

What about Eragon? Thats one of my favorites :o
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Skalrag of Marshank

I love Warriors, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Redwall, and Narnia.

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for a Language Arts project; we're supposed to read a banned/challenged book, write a summary of the book, and tell why we think it's banned/challenged. I've never read Harry Potter before, so I decided to check it out.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not allowed to read Harry Potter.
I got the Eagle of the Ninth Trilogy for my birthday. ;D I'll see how it is.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Hari Ashsling

Favorite series: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Redwall...and one that isn't on there: Bartimaeus Trilogy. Favorite single-novels/books: the Bible and Mara Daughter of the Nile. ;D

Hálig

Well, I think it's obvious that I like Redwall cos I joined, right? :P So I picked Lord of the Rings, Narnia and Harry Potter.
Click here to visit my site!

Proud Doctor Who fan!

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Hari Ashsling on September 14, 2011, 08:55:46 PM
Favorite single-novels/books: the Bible and Mara Daughter of the Nile. ;D

Not Mara Daughter of the Nile! It brings back memories of history last year! I hated history last year!

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 14, 2011, 04:46:36 AM

Same with me.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 14, 2011, 04:46:36 AM

Same with me.
[/quote]

Same here. Not that I want to, really. It seems a bit too...demonic, once you've seen the tv commercials, so it completely put me off of reading the books. I'm not allowed to, anyway.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Captain Tammo

Can somebeast please put The Hunger Games up?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Folgrimeo

It's the later books that get darker, but I really don't get what's so demonic about Harry Potter, and if nothing else it's not like any individual entire book is like that. There's blood, yes, and some big deadly monsters, but I wager it's no worse than the many Orcs that get slain in Lord of the Rings. Just give Frodo a magic wand. Strip away the supernatural and you've honestly got a typical good-versus-evil tale. As you can tell, I'm flabbergasted on how Harry Potter can be banned when there's more brutal fantasy and realistic tales that get a free pass (read "The Grapes of Wrath" sometime). The only way I'd consider something demonic is if I was cringing as I read it. I never got that from Harry Potter. I did get that from "Plague Dogs" and some of the deaths in the Redwall book "The Rogue Crew". Speaking of which, "The Plague Dogs" is the most demonic-like book I've ever read. Couldn't get even a third of the way through, it's way too graphic and depressing. The film does a good job of conveying its content. Tell me Plague Dogs is not demonic and then look back at Harry Potter.

I voted for Redwall (duh) and Lord of the Rings (books are boring as heck, but the movies are quite engaging).

Redwall Musician

I'm not allowed to read Harry Potter because my parents say no, and I'm not allowed to read any books that are bad whatsoever (like Twilight). And honestly I don't want to read them anyways, I'm a very picky reader. We all have are own opinions, and choices. For some of us it's to not read Harry Potter.

Log-a-Log

Quote from: Captain Tammo on September 17, 2011, 03:24:39 PM
Can somebeast please put The Hunger Games up?
I love the hunger games! Although thats pretty dark too.
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Folgrimeo

Quote from: Redwall Musician on September 17, 2011, 08:17:54 PM
I'm not allowed to read Harry Potter because my parents say no, and I'm not allowed to read any books that are bad whatsoever (like Twilight). And honestly I don't want to read them anyways, I'm a very picky reader. We all have are own opinions, and choices. For some of us it's to not read Harry Potter.
Yeah, just like I have an extreme aversion to anything considered classical literature, just out of fear that it'd be pretentious or boring or both. I've always leaned towards animal books, and even when forced into a book with people I usually won't think of it being better than say Redwall even if it was entertaining. Richard Halliburton's "The Glorious Adventure" is a perfect example. It was published in 1927 and it's actually quite good. But I wouldn't want to read it again, I'd much rather read about a warrior mouse.

I don't feel like I'm missing out for ignoring the classics out there. I guess I wouldn't under any condition; I had no idea Redwall was missing from my life until I gave it a chance. Besides, there's plenty of other hidden treasures, so if you were to pass up something golden, there'd be another one on the next shelf you look at.