News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

LOTR randomness

Started by Redwallfan7, March 23, 2013, 02:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 11, 2015, 03:08:28 AM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 10, 2015, 10:06:03 PM
Okay, what is with the books/movies and giant spiders?! I mean, really?! And is it necessary to show people being beheaded and otherwise killed?! That's just gross!

Many of us enjoy a nice bit of gore sometimes.

Well, yes, I do too - But not when it goes on for about fifteen minutes. . . .. .Or longer. . . .

Hickory

So Elrond and Arwen are talking about the ship and everything,  and Arwen says, "Enough, Dad! Geese, you'd think you want be to marry someone else! I can take care of my self!"

Later on, she contemplates the fact that she has the hots for Aragorn.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

. . . . . . . . Wut. . . . . . . . . . *Blank look*

Izeroth

Tauriel: If this is love, I do not want it. Why does it hurt so much?

Thranduil: Because it wasn't in the books, Tauriel.

Lady Ashenwyte

There was only one Hobbit book.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Izeroth

Yes, but there were LOTR books.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Izeroth

He didn't appear in LOTR, but he existed. Tauriel didn't even exist.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

This is a topic for LotR randomness, so... take a look at this art (all by the same artist - check out her other Tolkien art!):

Aragorn:

Glorfindel:

Maedhros:

Fëanor:

Unfortunately, they're showing up pretty small, so check out the link to see them larger.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

I went and saw some of his/her's other work. 'Tis beautiful, I tell ye.

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.