News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

which character deaths made you sad?

Started by Veil Sixclaw, March 24, 2013, 12:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on May 13, 2013, 10:23:22 PM
I wasn't too sad with Hugo's death...I dunno....just me.
Norther was I. For some reason to me, Hugo's death seemed just like...another death, I guess.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

really? None of the death's made you sad?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Maudie

Well, saddest deaths?:

Finnbar Galedeep

Shogg.

:'( :( :'(
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Sailears

Main times I cried (even upon rereading)

- Rose
- Bragoon and Saro (best bittersweet ending in the entire series, on par with Rose)
- Piknim
- Jukka and Fleetscut
- Sayna, then Luke and co.
- Cregga  (so amazing; happy tears :))
- Rockjaw Grang (WHY :()
- Finnbar Galedeep
- Mother Mellus
- Shogg

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.Probably a ton more- I'm building myself up to reread all the books so I'll probably discover several more that make me cry.

EDIT: OH MY GOODNESS, how could I forget - SKARLATH! :(
My ears, how are you, wot!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: curunen on July 30, 2013, 12:10:08 AM
Main times I cried (even upon rereading)

- Rose
- Bragoon and Saro (best bittersweet ending in the entire series, on par with Rose)
- Piknim
- Jukka and Fleetscut
- Sayna, then Luke and co.
- Cregga  (so amazing; happy tears :))
- Rockjaw Grang (WHY :()
- Finnbar Galedeep
- Mother Mellus
- Shogg

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.Probably a ton more- I'm building myself up to reread all the books so I'll probably discover several more that make me cry.

EDIT: OH MY GOODNESS, how could I forget - SKARLATH! :(

That's pretty much exactly how I feel... Sayna is Martin's mother right?

Add Russa Nodrey for me though.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ferrousferret

Hugo's death was much sadder in the show- one of the few things they did well, I guess.

I will say that it takes a heck of a lot for a movie to get me to cry, let alone a book. I can count on one hand every time a book has gotten a legitimate emotional reaction out of me- and several of them were from one series in particular (not Redwall). Then again, they are children's stories, so you can't really go all too dark with them. Still, tragic, well handled deaths in Redwall:

-Methuselah
-Queen Warbeak
-sad close calls in Salamandastron towards the end with that fever storyline
-Rose
-Felldoh
-Veil Sixclaw
-Piknim
-Russa Nodrey
-Luke
-Bragoon & Saro
-Flandor

MeadowR

Rose had a shocking, sudden death - the one I most remember until I get reading again.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Sailears

Oh my, and how could I forget Russa! :o
My ears, how are you, wot!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ferrousferret on July 30, 2013, 08:31:34 AM
Hugo's death was much sadder in the show- one of the few things they did well, I guess.

I will say that it takes a heck of a lot for a movie to get me to cry, let alone a book. I can count on one hand every time a book has gotten a legitimate emotional reaction out of me- and several of them were from one series in particular (not Redwall). Then again, they are children's stories, so you can't really go all too dark with them. Still, tragic, well handled deaths in Redwall:

-Methuselah
-Queen Warbeak
-Rose
-Felldoh
-Veil Sixclaw
-Piknim
-Russa Nodrey
-Luke
-Bragoon & Saro
-Flandor

Yes, that's how I feel too!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on July 30, 2013, 03:56:32 PM
Quote from: Ferrousferret on July 30, 2013, 08:31:34 AM

-Methuselah
-Queen Warbeak
-Rose
-Felldoh
-Veil Sixclaw
-Piknim
-Russa Nodrey
-Luke
-Bragoon & Saro
-Flandor

Yes, that's how I feel too!
How you feel about what? Hugo, Character's dying, or the people who he mentioned who died?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Emperor Ublaz

I hated when Veil died. I just felt that he should have lived on and...you know, became Abbey warrior or something.
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!