News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Taggerung-No Main Villiun?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, March 29, 2013, 05:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Here's something that has been on my mind for a while. When I first finished Taggerung, there was something that I thought was kind of unusual: of what I could see, there was no main villiun throughout the hole book! Now, that was a first for me in the Redwall series. Insted of having one main villun, it seemed to be dotted throughout with several evil Warlords and leaders. Thoughts?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Lutra

The Juska clan as a whole were the villains because as long as Taggerrung lived, they could not have a new leader, thus they were out to make sure he was destroyed.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ungatt Trunn

But what about tha one Fox Warlord (can't remember his name), couldn't he be called a main villiun as well?

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 29, 2013, 03:09:49 PM
But what about tha one Fox Warlord (can't remember his name), couldn't he be called a main villiun as well?

He was one Juska clan out of many.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 29, 2013, 04:00:41 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 29, 2013, 03:09:49 PM

He was one Juska clan out of many.
Yea, but he was the ruler of one of the most powerful Juska Clans of that time. Wouldn't that make him a seriouse canidate for the main villiun in Taggerung?

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 29, 2013, 04:07:58 PM
Yea, but he was the ruler of one of the most powerful Juska Clans of that time. Wouldn't that make him a seriouse canidate for the main villiun in Taggerung?

Maybe but we are saying that all the Juska Clans are the main villiun in the book.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 29, 2013, 04:09:56 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 29, 2013, 04:07:58 PM

Maybe but we are saying that all the Juska Clans are the main villiun in the book.
Possably, but in all the other Redwall books there was just one main villiun. But why isn't that the case with Taggerung?

Lutra

Taggerung itself as a book somewhat breaks the formula of Redwall up a bit, having an otter be a bad guy for a 1/3 of the story.  Why not modify the sense of the main villain too?  The Juska clans are the villains...so its a bit different this time.....not a bad change.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

rachel25

the stoat Graven was sort of the main villain in it but that's actually why Taggerung is my favourite book because its sooooo different  ;)  :P  ::)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rachel25 on March 30, 2013, 03:26:56 PM
the stoat Graven was sort of the main villain in it but that's actually why Taggerung is my favourite book because its sooooo different  ;)  :P  ::)
Yea, I also like Taggerung because it so different. It sort of adds to it's special charm.

Norham Waterpaw

Quote from: Lutra on March 30, 2013, 12:36:47 PM
Taggerung itself as a book somewhat breaks the formula of Redwall up a bit, having an otter be a bad guy for a 1/3 of the story.  Why not modify the sense of the main villain too?  The Juska clans are the villains...so its a bit different this time.....not a bad change.

I sorta' liked the change, I mean, I like redwall,but it was a nice change. It was probably my favorite book.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on March 31, 2013, 03:16:10 AM
Quote from: Lutra on March 30, 2013, 12:36:47 PM

I sorta' liked the change, I mean, I like redwall,but it was a nice change. It was probably my favorite book.
Was?

Norham Waterpaw

Well, I read it a while ago, so I put was, because it was in the past. But it is still my fav.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Ungatt Trunn

When I first read Taggerung, I thought that that leader of the first Juska tribe to appear (can't remember his name) was going to be the main villiun. But then after he got killed, I thought Gruven was going to be the main villiun. But then after he was killed....you start wondering who really is the main villiun!

MatthiasMan

The main villain, in my opinion, was Vallug, the bow master. As I remember, he hunted down Taggerung, and he really was the main threat to Tagg in the book. Vallug tried to take over Redwall (pretty unlikely) but Taggerung ended up killing him. Then he got his tattoos removed and his paw fixed.