News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Favourite TV Show Themes

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, April 18, 2013, 12:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Pozt your favourite TV shov openin'z.

Enjoy.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Buzz_Bumble

In the good ol' days TV shows had proper opening sequences and theme tunes, but these days many shows don't really have them ... just a two second blast of hideous noise played about 10mins into the show.  :(

As an aside, if you want to download TV theme tunes and songs, I found this great website a couple of weeks ago: TV Theme Music. (I wouldn't try getting them as mobile phone ringtones since that probably costs money.)

Dawnwing

Favorites as a kid:

Pokemon theme song

Cardcaptors theme song

Favorites nowadays:

Game of Thrones
(it's just an instrumental song, but I love the music and it's a clever idea to help non-readers of the books get an idea of the setting - it even changes by episode if a character goes to a different town or if a castle gets destroyed)

Spice and Wolf
(such a pretty song! And there's some pretty art too.  Here is a translation into English; the words of the song are just as pretty as the tune.)
(note that there is some cartoon nudity at the start - not used in an "adult" manner but rather to show the character's "birth" into the human world. Just pointing it out in case it makes anyone uncomfortable, and mods can edit it if you don't think it's appropriate.)

Buzz_Bumble

The theme tune that is usually gets voted as THE best is The Greatest American Hero. A lot of people use it at their wedding.

Another good tune is the them to Enterprise ... but it's completely wrong and ill-fitting for the show, and doesn't work with the rest of the Star Trek show theme tunes .. then again, that pretty much sums up the whole Enterprise show anyway.  :)

Lily

There are so many good ones! Here are some of my favourites:

Angel

Sherlock

And Dawnwing, I was confused by your Cardcaptors opening because I'd never heard it before, but then I remembered I watched it in Japanese, not English. :P

I also love the Game of Thrones opening.

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Tiz zorta odd zat novone'z pozted ziz vone yet:

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dawnwing

Yeah, I watched Cardcaptors when it was on TV in the US back in 2000.  I'm considering re-watching it nowadays, but in Japansese since I hear they changed things a lot in the US version.

Another opening I remember and like:

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ze Mighty Morphin' Pover Rangerz:

Buzz_Bumble

Cardcaptors, Game of Thrones, Power Rangers?!?! When did this topic change to "The World's Worst TV Shows".  ;)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Everyvone'z entitled tae zere ovn opinionz.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Revive: A nev vone ah juzt recently came upon, tiz actually pretty good.

B-Daman Crossfire

An' ziz vone iz a different openin' o' Dragon Ball Z Kai, ziz vone bein' for ze vone zat ah'm more interezted in ze Android Zaga (Az vell az nae 'avin' zoze dumb captionz zat ze firzt vone 'az for zome reazon). Av ah ken o' it zae far iz zat tiz involvez ze uzual team, zeveral androidz zat appear tae 'ave zome involvement viz ze Red Ribbon Army (Ziz bein' an azzumption made o' zeir 'eadbandz), zome creature-zin'y named Cell vho zeekz tae abzorb ze androidz zae zat 'e may reach 'iz "Perfect Form", an' zat iz pretty much it.

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Android Saga Opening:

Ach, ze Dragon Bav an' Dragon Bav Z an' Kai zeriez are zae zlov! Ah'm ztill on Namek viz Goku facin' off againzt Captain Ginyu vho ztole Goku'z body. Ach, an entire epizode juzt tae pover up tae prepare tae fight! Tiz ridiculouz!

Kera Thorn Bladewind

Liberty's Kids! That is my childhood! :)

Well, I like the Redwall opening, and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBoJ8lDU5jE
Yes, I know Watership Down was a fairly stupid show, but I like the music. (And I like Campion, hence why I watched the show.)

Rusvul

Star Trek theme songs! But not Deep Space 9, the DS9 theme is terrible. Voyager has been stuck in my head for days now :P