News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Monopoly

Started by Ungatt Trunn, April 19, 2013, 10:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Do you like Monopoly? Because I love it :D!!! I think it's the best game ever!!! I have four different versions at the moment, but I'm gunna get more!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwaller

It's pretty good, but Personally I prefer Risk.

Buzz_Bumble

There's a bazillion versions of Monopoly covering all sorts of different topics: movies, TV shows, sports teams, etc. Unfortunately they tend to be rather expensive. I've got a couple of Star Wars versions (and a Star Wars version of Risk) and a Disney version.

I used to have a website bookmarked that listed all the versions, but that was in another browser a few years ago - it's probably still on the computer if I can find which one it was.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 19, 2013, 11:02:08 PM
There's a bazillion versions of Monopoly covering all sorts of different topics: movies, TV shows, sports teams, etc. Unfortunately they tend to be rather expensive. I've got a couple of Star Wars versions (and a Star Wars version of Risk) and a Disney version.

I used to have a website bookmarked that listed all the versions, but that was in another browser a few years ago - it's probably still on the computer if I can find which one it was.
If you find it, tell me! I'd like to see it!
Quote from: Redwaller on April 19, 2013, 10:45:15 PM
It's pretty good, but Personally I prefer Risk.
It seems like that for several people :-\ I've played Risk quite a few times, but it just dosn't appeal to me as much as Monopoly does.

Redwaller

I prefer Risk because I'm a huge Strategist.

Tam and Martin

I like it too. When me and my family play it's always secretive and I would team up with someone against someone and the someone who we teamed up against would think that one of us were allies and then someone else would wipe out an army and then The team that was allied would split (not knowinly) and destroy the other.....If you can understand what I just said you are a genius

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwaller

Understood!  :D

And I made a Topic for it.

Buzz_Bumble

It's not the website I used to have, but try this webpage for a list of the various editions of Monopoly:

It's just the table-top board games, it does not include computer and games console versions or Internet versions.

You've already got four, so only about another 496 to go.  ;)
(I didn't actually count how many editions there are.)

Redwallfan7

It's been a while since I've played Monopoly. I like it, it's a really fun game  :)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 22, 2013, 07:54:15 AM
It's not the website I used to have, but try this webpage for a list of the various editions of Monopoly:

It's just the table-top board games, it does not include computer and games console versions or Internet versions.

You've already got four, so only about another 496 to go.  ;)
(I didn't actually count how many editions there are.)

WOW! I never knew that there were soooooooooooo many different editions of Monopoly :o!
BTW, I actully have six different versions of Monopoly; I just found two other versions in my cluttered closet.
So now, only 494 to go ;)!

Buzz_Bumble

You'd better start buying qucikly - that list is growing all the time. You can already add another one to that list ... in today's newspaper (The New Zealand Herald), they've just announced a new Auckland City* edition of Monopoly (website link). There's already a New Zealand Edition and an All Black Rugby Team Edition.

* Auckland is New Zealand's largest city, but not the captial city (which is Wellington). Auckland City covers about the same amount of land as London, but only has about 1.5 million people living in it.

By the way, for Risk players, there's also multiple version of that, although nowhere near as many as Monopoly. I've got a Star Wars version ... I've also got Star Wars versions of the board games Life and Electronic Battleship.  :)

Tam and Martin

T=I love the game life

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on April 24, 2013, 12:53:03 AM
T=I love the game life
I've never had the advantege to play that game. What is it like?

Tam and Martin

You go through a wholoe life-starting at college and you meet troubles and great things on the way. You choose a colored car and you start your "life" You get kids, money, you buy houses and so on-it's fun.

Rusvul

You spin a spinny thing and move a few tiles and do what it says.