News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

BOOKS!!!

Started by Redwaller, April 19, 2013, 10:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

I meant Comic books! *slaps forehead* Couldn't remember what they were called.  :-[

Lutra

There's books everywhere at my parents place.  I have some at my own place...mostly the fantasy stuff and mystery/thriller type novels.  I probably have about 50 books that I keep, and rotate through a dozen that I've bought from yard sales.  Once I read them, I often give them to a library.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Buzz_Bumble

It may depend on what you meant by "comic books", but even then France isn't the most prolific. America produces them by the ton, as does Japan, and there are plenty of British comic books.

Even if you narrow it down even further to just "graphic novels", then Japan is still the outright winner.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 26, 2013, 11:48:36 AM
The german names make more sense.
Miraculix, Miracle-worker
Idefix, Fidelity, loyalty.
Majestix, Majesty
Troubadix, Troubadour.

Right you are.  ;) German version for the win!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Gonff the Mousethief

I don't usually go to my library. The just never really had an books I enjoy.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

I read all the Tintin comics (literally all) and a couple of the Asterix and Obelix comics.

Any one heard of the Conspiracy 365 books? All peeps in Australia would get more out of it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

321tumbler

My aunt got my brother all the tintin's and Me some Asterix and Obelix. We have some movies too (not exactly on the topic of books)

Romsca

Where did you find the Tintin comics?

I've read Conspiracy 365; they're pretty good but I don't get the impression that the thirteenth book was written by the same author

The Skarzs

Quote from: Romsca on February 20, 2014, 05:07:11 PM
I've read Conspiracy 365; they're pretty good but I don't get the impression that the thirteenth book was written by the same author
They are all written by a group of three authors, I believe.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Romsca

That would make sense

BlueRose

So, I claimed to be a book lover, and then I read this thread. So, I've maybe got 30 books.... And most of them I've read so many times that I'm tired of them. (Almost.)

I didn't even know there were so many Warriors books!!! I only have five....

Also, Japanese comics are called manga, and 'anime' cannot be classed under 'cartoon'.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah juzt finizhed readin' Star Wars Dark Tide I: Onslaught today.

do-roi'k vong pratte!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.