News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Do you ever watch children's TV shows?

Started by Orinoco, May 05, 2013, 09:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 03, 2013, 04:52:26 AM
There aren't many good kids' shows these days. I used to get up early on Saturdays to watch the local New Zealand kids' show What Now? because it had some great animated shows on it, but these days it's just a load of nonsense and people getting "gunged".  :(
lol so true
Does anyone here like danger mouse?

Buzz_Bumble

I like Dangermouse, but it's quite an old show now and hasn't been on TV here in New Zealand for a long time.

phoenixfoden

They have a 10 disc compleate series for $40 at jb hifi

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

AnnaofRedwall

I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

Rainshadow

Quote from: AnnaofRedwall on June 05, 2013, 12:04:39 AM

How could I forget about that?!  That and The Legend of Korra, but I liked Avatar much more.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

MarielGullwhacker

I miss My Little Pony! Wishing the next season would be released soon. Wallace and Grommet is kinda funny, too! :) Oh, and Peanuts, especially Snoopy!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: MarielGullwhacker on June 07, 2013, 03:30:47 AM
I miss My Little Pony! Wishing the next season would be released soon. Wallace and Grommet is kinda funny, too! :) Oh, and Peanuts, especially Snoopy!

Cheeze, Gromet! Ve'll gae zomevhere vhere zere'z cheeze!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Maudie

I remember watching Tom and Jerry when I was little.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on June 07, 2013, 06:34:43 PM
I remember watching Tom and Jerry when I was little.

Ooh, I LOVED Tom and Jerry!  Jerry was my favourite, obviously, seeing as he was much smarter than Tom.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 04, 2013, 05:35:08 PM
Anyvone remember ZOOM?

Now I remember Zoom! That's where Ubby-Dubby came from, right?
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Buzz_Bumble

Hanna-Barbera used to make some great animated shows (and some not so great ones), but after being bought out by Turner and then merged into Warner Bros., most of their shows disappeared. One of the very few still around is Scooby Doo and there were a couple of okay-ish live-action movie conversions. There has been rumours of a Jetsons movie (again live-action though).

Lutra

Scooby Doo has been milked to death.  The novelty of the show (even though its predictable) wore off after they had to bring in guest celebrities back in the early 1970s.  I'm surprised Scooby still gets new shows, and movies, and merchandise.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

phoenixfoden

Some of my favorite shows are by hanna babera like loopy de loop,yogi bear and tom and jerry of coures,they made a new series of tom and jerry thats nearly as good as the old one.

Buzz_Bumble

I've got a book that tells the history of Hanna-Barbera and the shows they made (both animated and a couple of live-action ones). I've also got another book for Disney's animation (although that's quite old now so doesn't include any of the Pixar movies or Beauty & the Beast).