News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The sock game

Started by Maudie, June 02, 2013, 02:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Okay, in this game you take a line/sentence/paragraph from a book or movie or whatever and you add a "sock(s)" to it, for example:
"A sock! A sock! Lady Prunaprisma has given Lord Miraz a sock!"
Instead of:
"A son! A son! Lady Prunaprisma has given Lord Miraz a son!"
(From Prince Caspian, the movie.)
Did y'all get that, or do ya need me to explain further?
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

A man vithoot a zock (zoul) iz nothin' but a ztatue.

Ze Zilver Zurfer, Fantaztic Four
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rainshadow

"I like this sock (ship)!  You know, it's exciting!"  ~  Scotty from Star Trek (2009)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

Oh no! I left my new sock (torch) in Narnia! -prince Caspian again.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rusvul

Quote from: Rainshadow on June 03, 2013, 01:04:32 AM
  "I like this sock (ship)!  You know, it's exciting!"  ~  Scotty from Star Trek (2009)
Hey! I just watched that! I think I might have watched it on July 3rd, actually.

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries! I fart in your general direction, you silly english sock! (knnnnigget!)

I bet everybody knows what that's from.

BadgerLordFiredrake

I have not failed, I have found 10,000 ways it does not sock.

--Thomas Edison

Tripped over my sock, Father Abbot.

--Matthias
baby turtle forever

rachel25

Master Sock please would you show you your lightsabre

Rusvul

"Luuuuke! I am your sock!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"
"Join me. Come to the Dark Sock. We shall rule the galaxy!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I will never join you!"

rachel25

Do you buy some sock
like sock?
Or we could play sock for money?

Redwaller

Grakk smiled slyly. "An' wot,ll that be, Sock?"

From The Sable Quean

Daniel the crusader

Sock(fish) fingers and custard.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ye vere deceived. An' na' yer zock (republic) zhall fall.

-Darth Malgus, Deceived
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Maudie

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 11, 2013, 01:54:37 AM
Quote from: Rainshadow on June 03, 2013, 01:04:32 AM
Hey! I just watched that! I think I might have watched it on July 3rd, actually.

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries! I fart in your general direction, you silly english sock! (knnnnigget!)

I bet everybody knows what that's from.

No, what's it from? Is it from a Harry Potter book or some other popular series?

Dag Downyfur

"SOCK!(SQUIRREL!)"
    -Dug from the movie "Up"
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith