News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall (Book)-Should it be revised?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, June 03, 2013, 07:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

Sorry guys for getting you so off topic with the Star Wars stuff.  Didn't think it would provoke such comments.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Lutra on June 26, 2013, 02:25:59 AM
Sorry guys for getting you so off topic with the Star Wars stuff.  Didn't think it would provoke such comments.
No, you didn't do anything wrong. It just popped up :)

Life is too short to rush through it.

Lutra

No, if I hadn't brought up Star Wars or the whole changing the original scene thing, that wouldn't have popped out.  Mods mess up too you know.  ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

VedCassib

Quote from: Lutra on June 27, 2013, 12:22:28 AM
No, if I hadn't brought up Star Wars or the whole changing the original scene thing, that wouldn't have popped out.  Mods mess up too you know.  ;)

I'm not sure if you are talking about what I posted, but if you are I was talking about Redwall. :)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Lutra on June 27, 2013, 12:22:28 AM
No, really, it wasn't your fault. The whole debate would have popped up sometime :)

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 28, 2013, 01:27:01 AM
No, really, it wasn't your fault. The whole debate would have popped up sometime :)

Because someone was silly enough to "revise" the topic. Which proves the point, nobody to ever revise anything.  ;)

WoodlandWarrior

I like Redwall as is.  I don't think it needs to be revised.  As most have already stated, it is the first work and is a good comparison as to how far the series came.  I think revisions, no matter how good the intention may be, do more harm than good. 

Often people tend to forget the older material and just remember the revision.  Which can be really sad.  Hence why for the most part, I shy from most remakes.  The remake or revision has to be really on their game for me to enjoy it and put it in the same category as the original work.  Which I can't really recall happening to often for me anyway.
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Shadowed One

Quote from: WoodlandWarrior on June 28, 2013, 11:32:28 AM
I like Redwall as is.  I don't think it needs to be revised.  As most have already stated, it is the first work and is a good comparison as to how far the series came.  I think revisions, no matter how good the intention may be, do more harm than good. 

Often people tend to forget the older material and just remember the revision.  Which can be really sad.  Hence why for the most part, I shy from most remakes.  The remake or revision has to be really on their game for me to enjoy it and put it in the same category as the original work.  Which I can't really recall happening to often for me anyway.

I agree! If they did revise it, though, I hope they would continue to publish the original as well.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 28, 2013, 08:28:14 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 28, 2013, 01:27:01 AM

Because someone was silly enough to "revise" the topic. Which proves the point, nobody to ever revise anything.  ;)
That's not really the point. Some revising to some things won't hurt.

Redwaller

Why is this discussion still going? Ungatt is the only one to want a revision, while we like it as is, so I think we should stop arguing and talk about something else...

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on June 29, 2013, 01:15:53 PM
Why is this discussion still going? Ungatt is the only one to want a revision, while we like it as is, so I think we should stop arguing and talk about something else...
Talk about something else? That seems like something for another topic ;)

VedCassib

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 29, 2013, 05:33:47 PM

I think that's his point. I think he's saying that it's enough on this subject because we're just going around in circles when it doesn't matter because it won't change anything. It sounds to me like Redwaller is suggesting we "stop" this topic altogether. If that's the case I agree with him.

Buzz_Bumble

Maybe instead of revising the old books to fit with the new books, someone should revise the new books to fit with the old books.  ;)

Redwaller

Quote from: VedCassib on June 30, 2013, 12:17:47 AM

I think that's his point. I think he's saying that it's enough on this subject because we're just going around in circles when it doesn't matter because it won't change anything. It sounds to me like Redwaller is suggesting we "stop" this topic altogether. If that's the case I agree with him.
Yep.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: VedCassib on June 30, 2013, 12:17:47 AM

I guess your right there. We've all given our opinions, and we don't need to be repeating them over and over. ;) But I don't think this topic should be locked, because there might be people who will join later who will want to give there own opinion.