OOC: Finscéalta, miotais, agus Fables .. anois Réaltacht

Started by Dannflower Reguba, July 01, 2013, 01:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Okay! I decided to throw a wild curveball to see if you guys are interested! I WILL be gone for 12 days as of tomorrow, so questions will not be answered until then.

This RP is based in Mythology (Google translate: Irish = English) Southsward was besieged 2 years ago, but is now quite weak, they have just recently managed to get a beast headed towards Redwall to search for help, the problem is that the otters for the most part have left. All seems lost until an old sage of the Abbey, also a former traveler, tells of a Mountain range just to the North, and East of the Abbey that he said was the Sanctuary of many strange, but very powerful beasts. Now, a small party from Redwall must hurry (with the help of the Southswardian) to find this range.... and hope that they are friendly.

Okay! So I need the party, 1 starting Southswardian (more can be added later, the current one should be adventurous) I'll need people prepping Myth based characters for when the party arrives... The foes in Southsward (who we will meet in the sequal) have obtained the assistance of the far eastern Werewolves and their Harpy spies, a small number of gargoyles and other not yet revealed beasts have been obtained and put into use.

Okay! Just some playable beasts:

Smaller Dragons

Gryphons and Griffins

(more to be added after Dinner!) (BACK!)

Mermaids are discouraged, as there won't be enough water for you to be pro-active

Same with Kraken

Gorgon's are down right BANNED (might use as a baddie later though)

There can be good Werewolves too.  :) (Harpies are all bad though)

Barghests

Banshees

If you guys have more of these types of characters then please tell me! I'd like to expand this list as much as possible! ONE MORE THING! Magic is not only enabled, it is somewhat encouraged!

Current Theme:

Please tell me what you guys think! And Head, feel free to start working on a character, like I said though, I'ma be gone for awhile.  ;)

Here's the template:

Name:
Appearance:
Weaknesses:
Strengths: (optional)
Weapons & Armor:
Magic: (optional)
Other: (optional)

Here's the start of my party character:

Name: Roderigo
Species: Mouse
Personality:
Appearance:
Weaknesses:
Strengths: (optional)
Weapons & Armor: Sword, a lighter chain mail (no sleeves)
Magic: (optional) None
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jetthebinturong

May I add some suggestions for myth beasts?

Barghests (My god I love Barghests!) Large spectral black hounds that stalk the night, their blazing red eyes strike fear into the hearts of their foes and their scythelike claws scatter enemies like ch-  Hang on, maybe it would be better if I just showed a picture

Seeing as the title is Irish, how about the Irish crows Macha and Babd they are usually perceived as goddesses however with a little tweaking you could make them crows or crow-people or something

Banshees (also Celtic/Irish)

Crom Cruach was a beast that demanded human sacrifice and was killed by Saint Patrick, perhaps it demanded a regular sacrifice of ordinary beasts before it was defeated by a legendary hero, it slunk back into the shadows and has only recently crawled out of its cave

Fand was an Irish goddess who appeared as a seabird, maybe a powerful seabird or a cross between a seabird and a woman

Perhaps all of the above could be evil (they certainly sound it)

(There is a book series based on mythology (Irish in particular) called the secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel, I think its great and I'm just putting it out there for anyone interested in mythology)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

I'll join!  For now I'll start off with a dragon, but seeing as those come in later, I'll have a woodlander as well.  I don't have the time to write down both, so I'm just gonna put down the dragon first.

Name:  Cahaya (Kuh-high-uh)

Species:  Dragon

Personality:  Cahaya is a bright and cheery creature who loves to be helpful.  She very much enjoys flying, and she usually sleeps in fires.  (In progress)

Appearance:  The small dragon is a bit smaller than a Dibbun, (about the same size a kitten is to a human) and she has fur instead of scales.  Her fur is a pale cream colour, but at night, she comes alive with a bright, iridescent gold hide, one that glows in the dark.  Her eyes are also an iridescent gold, but they don't glow.
  Cahaya is very thin, due to a lack of nutrition.  She's a vegetarian and despises all meat, feeling sickened when she watches her cavemates eat it.  She tries her hardest not to join them, forcing herself to go and find any source of vegetation, though there isn't much for her.

Weaknesses:  She's very thin and weak, and she can't swim.  Her fur weighs her down when it's wet, so... yeah.  And, since she doesn't have a hard scale hide, she's more likely to get injuries than other dragons.

Strengths:  She's not bothered at all by heat or brightness, and she glows in the dark.  She can fly well, and loves to to aerial acrobatics.  Also, she has fire resistant saliva, so she bathes herself frequently, making her fur fireproof.  And finally, the dragon can make herself heard very well.  What I mean is, she can scream.  Very loudly.

Weapons & Armour:  For weapons, Cahaya just uses her teeth and claws, as well as flight.  Also, she can scream loud enough to make the creatures around her immobile for a short time, seeing as they would be clutching their ears.
  As for armour, Cahaya wears none.

Magic:  She glows in the dark and she is fireproof (most of the time).

Other:  Cahaya lives in the mountains in a small flight (group) of dragons, most of whom are scaled and lizard-like.  She's not very close to any of them, feeling that they are slightly barbaric, and usually distances herself from the group, only staying close for protection.

During the day
[close]

At night
  Well, the colouring is right, but she doesn't have scales, she has fur.  So just imagine the previous dragon with the same colour.  ;)
[close]
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

'ov aboot zphinxez? Zey vidnae 'ave tae be giantz, zey could juzt be aboot ze zize o' zummat like a panther or leopard.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 05, 2013, 12:19:45 AM
'ov aboot zphinxez? Zey vidnae 'ave tae be giantz, zey could juzt be aboot ze zize o' zummat like a panther or leopard.

Panthers and leopards are the same thing

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 08, 2013, 04:29:44 PM

Nae quite, but zat'z bezide ze point.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 08, 2013, 07:03:14 PM
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 08, 2013, 04:29:44 PM

Nae quite, but zat'z bezide ze point.

I don't know whether a normal panther is a normal leopard but I know that a black panther is leopard with an excess of melanin, but you're right it is beside the point

Dannflower Reguba

Rainshadow accepted, and guys, do you mind trying to focus a bit more on the RP? Thanks.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

'ere'z me character (Ze Wereweasel zing iz okay, right?):
Name: Delak Saul
Species: Wereweasel (A Weasel who's a Werewolf)
Personality: Quite Friendly, prefers hand-to-hand fighting rather than fighting with weapons
Appearance: Green trousers and a navy-blue tunic with a brown belt and a gray travelling cloak
Weaknesses: Is a bit reckless and quick to act, rather than thinking things through
Strengths: (optional) Is not afraid to put himself in a tough situation for others
Weapons & Armor: A daggar in a scabbard attached to his belt
Magic: (optional) Can transform his left arm into solid metal

Dannflower Reguba

Sounds good, though currently I'm worried that there might not be enough interest to get any momentum.  :(

Jetthebinturong

I can't think of a character atm but when I can you can be sure I'm joining this RP

EDIT: Name: Cuis-Eagail
Species: Barghest
Personality: Sadistic, cruel, ruthless, cunning
Appearance: larger than the rest of the Barghests
Weaknesses: Prideful, prone to bursts of incandescent rage
Strengths: Physically strong, clever tactician
Weapons & Armor: None
Other: Alpha male of the Barghest pack

Dannflower Reguba

*sigh* I guess my wild curveball was well off-target. I REALLY wanted this to go through but I guess most people just didn't care for the idea, thanks guys that DID expose interest.

I'll give it a week, maybe two if some interest shows up, but if not, I'll ask the mods to delete the topic.

Rainshadow

I'm still fine with this idea.  I'd really enjoy doing it, 'cause it'd give me a reason to RP with a dragon.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 09, 2013, 05:45:17 AM
*sigh* I guess my wild curveball was well off-target. I REALLY wanted this to go through but I guess most people just didn't care for the idea, thanks guys that DID expose interest.

I'll give it a week, maybe two if some interest shows up, but if not, I'll ask the mods to delete the topic.

May'apz nae delete it, zome o' uz might vant tae uze our characterz (Viz zome editin' may'apz) again zometime.