Main Menu

Favorite Board Game

Started by Vilu Daskar, July 05, 2013, 09:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

Mine is The Settlers of Catan
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Candyland 'az alvayz been a favourite o' mine! Plumpy!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

Axis and Allies is great I also like Life, Scattegories, and a lot of others!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Dawnwing

I'm not sure if I have a *favorite*.  Some of the ones I like best are Scrabble, Life on the Farm, Stratego, and Monopoly.

Rainshadow

I'm not a huge bored (yes, bored) game lover, but there are a few I will WILLINGLY play.  Scotland Yard, Clue (the old one, not the weird new one with the spies and such), Scattergories, Apples to Apples, Pictionary, Mad Gab, and Small World.  I think that's it.  Yeah, seven games.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 05, 2013, 10:08:44 PM
Candyland 'az alvayz been a favourite o' mine! Plumpy!

There's a Candyland movie in the planning ... if it's anything like the movie supposedly "based on the Battleship board game, then expect silly aliens to appear from nowhere and the characters to be carrying one bag of candy for the entire movie.  ::)

Redwaller

Quote from: Dawnwing on July 05, 2013, 10:50:02 PM
I'm not sure if I have a *favorite*.  Some of the ones I like best are Scrabble, Life on the Farm, Stratego, and Monopoly.
Stratego's great!

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 05, 2013, 11:20:55 PM
 I'm not a huge bored (yes, bored) game lover, but there are a few I will WILLINGLY play.  Scotland Yard, Clue (the old one, not the weird new one with the spies and such), Scattergories, Apples to Apples, Pictionary, Mad Gab, and Small World.  I think that's it.  Yeah, seven games.  :P
Small World looks quite good.

I like:

Risk, Apples to Apples, Scattergories, Carcasson, and lots of others.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rainshadow

Quote from: Redwaller on July 05, 2013, 11:27:10 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on July 05, 2013, 11:20:55 PM
 I'm not a huge bored (yes, bored) game lover, but there are a few I will WILLINGLY play.  Scotland Yard, Clue (the old one, not the weird new one with the spies and such), Scattergories, Apples to Apples, Pictionary, Mad Gab, and Small World.  I think that's it.  Yeah, seven games.  :P
Small World looks quite good.

Yes, it's pretty fun.  I only have the original, but I'd like to get the Underground expansion (or maybe it's edition...  Eh, it's actually my brother's game, so he knows all about it.  I just play it from time to time.  (Yeah, my brother is a HUGE Days of Wonder fan))

Oh, and I forgot the other game that I do enjoy playing.  Stratego!  I like the Narnia version the most, because each side gets its own special powers.  I love playing on the White Witch's side, 'cause you get to steal the other person's players.  And turn people to stone.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

Oh, I forgot about Apples to Apples.  That one's awesome.

Nobody ever wants to play Stratego against me because I always win. *pouts*

Rainshadow

Quote from: Dawnwing on July 05, 2013, 11:48:35 PM
Nobody ever wants to play Stratego against me because I always win. *pouts*

I always lose, so we'd make a good match!  :D

Ungatt Trunn

As most of you guys know, my favourite board game is....MONOPOLY!!!!
I am also a HUGE fan of The Game Of Life and The Farming Game.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Vilu Daskar

I also like Monopoly and Risk
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Romsca

I like Apples to Apples too... but does that count as a board game?

My favorite is either Risk or chess. I don't like Stratego because I always lose :P

Although, there was that one time where I won even though I had less than half the amount of pieces my opponent had

Lutra

Apples to Apples I wouldn't count as a board game, though because the people I play with are mostly adults it makes for funny responses to the key word. ;)  We harp on politics and bad jokes a lot and it makes for an amusing game.

What I consider real board games, I like chess, checkers, scattegories, pictionary, and monopoly.  Heh, all strategy games...
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra