News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Favorite Board Game

Started by Vilu Daskar, July 05, 2013, 09:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on July 09, 2013, 10:36:25 PM
Yep, those who call it "Clue" obviously have no clue.  ;)  There's also a planned "Clue" movie, among a few other movies "based on" board games (which means they'll end up barely recognisable, like the so-called "Battleship" movie).

Actually, I've seen a movie called Clue that was based off of the game.  It's a 1985 movie with Tim Curry as the butler.  It's very, VERY hilarious, and sticks rather close to the game.  Meaning, all the people have the names that are in the game (Mrs. Peacock, Ms. Scarlet, Professor Plum, etc.), the rooms are the same, secret passages are the same, etc.  It's a great movie, if you like murder mysteries (which I do, as long as there's at least a bit of humour ;)).
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 10, 2013, 02:03:38 AM
Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on July 09, 2013, 10:36:25 PM
Yep, those who call it "Clue" obviously have no clue.  ;)  There's also a planned "Clue" movie, among a few other movies "based on" board games (which means they'll end up barely recognisable, like the so-called "Battleship" movie).

Actually, I've seen a movie called Clue that was based off of the game.  It's a 1985 movie with Tim Curry as the butler.  It's very, VERY hilarious, and sticks rather close to the game.  Meaning, all the people have the names that are in the game (Mrs. Peacock, Ms. Scarlet, Professor Plum, etc.), the rooms are the same, secret passages are the same, etc.  It's a great movie, if you like murder mysteries (which I do, as long as there's at least a bit of humour ;)).

Ah've zeen zat vone. 'ilariouz!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Buzz_Bumble

I vaguely remember that movie, but I think I only saw part of it when it was on TV.

Sailears

Chess, Articulate, Trivial Pursuit.

Risk is good too, but it boils down to luck of the dice.

Monopoly always starts fun, then after an hour it drags on. The only way to avoid this is to play ruthlessly, expecting full payments from other players and not giving an inch.
My ears, how are you, wot!

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: curunen on July 24, 2013, 09:34:20 PM
Monopoly always starts fun, then after an hour it drags on.

From memory there is a short-version where you can set a time limit or play until all of the properties have been bought, and then the person with the highest total wins (cash and property values, with mortgaged properties being a negative value).

UNKN0WN

Delthion

My favorite board games (in order) are:
Chess,
Risk,
Scotland Yard,
Clue,
And then Settlers of Catan.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

Monopoly
Monopoly
Monopoly
Monopoly

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

Monopoly,
Clue,
The Game of Life,
And a few others

Søren

Man, every time I play the game of life, when you have to get a wife, the friends I'm with all ask: "So who's your wife?" "What's her name?" "Do I know her?"

Blaggut

I love Risk.

However, I've seen a ton of games I've never played on a YouTube show called TableTop in which they play board games with guests, on the channel of Nerdist I think. It's hosted by some guy who's name I forgot. I wanna play Small World, Mice Warriors, and Carcassone xD
~Just a soft space boi~

Lily

Wil Wheaton hosts TableTop! I like Wil Wheaton. It's on the Geek and Sundry channel.

As for my favourite board game, I haven't actually played one for years, but I was a huge fan of Cludeo (Yeeeees, I'm Australian) when I was a kid. That, and Star Wars Trivial Pursuit because I always won.

Søren

Will Wheaton? As in Wesley Crusher Will Wheaton?

Rusvul

Yes, I believe so. I like him too, he's cool.

Blaggut

The guy who hosts Spellslingers (A Magic The Gathering show) is pretty cool too.
~Just a soft space boi~