Main Menu

Should there be guns in Redwall

Started by rachel25, July 16, 2013, 04:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Shadowed One

Quote from: Faiyloe on August 16, 2013, 08:57:22 PM
It doesn't take much skill to weld a gun whereas a sword or bow and arrows take more talent. Guns make things too easy.   

Not really. Have you ever shot one? They aren't as easy as they look.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Aldeneg

Quote from: Shadowed One on August 17, 2013, 03:42:34 PM
Quote from: Faiyloe on August 16, 2013, 08:57:22 PM
It doesn't take much skill to weld a gun whereas a sword or bow and arrows take more talent. Guns make things too easy.   

Not really. Have you ever shot one? They aren't as easy as they look.

That is a good point. I've shot guns before (only a black powder gun, really) and they are harder than they seem. It's difficult to hit the target.
But I've also shot a bow and arrow before and I find they tend to take more skill and strength than a gun takes. Arm strength, at least. A gun is really just loading and aiming while a bow and arrow takes notching (keeping the arrow in place,) pulling back the bow string far enough to hit the target you are aiming at, and of course, aiming.

With that being said, I agree that guns would ruin Redwall if they were placed in the books. I've always preferred the more traditional weaponry. It is so much more interesting to watch a swordfight than it is to watch a gun show!
And I better stop rambling now. XD

Faiyloe

Quote from: Aldeneg on August 17, 2013, 04:13:04 PM
With that being said, I agree that guns would ruin Redwall if they were placed in the books. I've always preferred the more traditional weaponry. It is so much more interesting to watch a swordfight than it is to watch a gun show!
And I better stop rambling now. XD

That's what I mean. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

My oldest brother used to be in the marine cadet's and I think he got to use a gun but it was filled with blanks   

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

But ze point o' ze matter iz zat it takez much more zkill tae uze a bov an' arrovz zen tae uze a gun. Granted ye need zome zkill tae uze a gun, but az ztated in zeveral pozt before ziz vone, it takez a lot more zkill tae uze a bov an' arrovz.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Emperor Ublaz

Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

rachel25

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 18, 2013, 06:23:29 PM
But ze point o' ze matter iz zat it takez much more zkill tae uze a bov an' arrovz zen tae uze a gun. Granted ye need zome zkill tae uze a gun, but az ztated in zeveral pozt before ziz vone, it takez a lot more zkill tae uze a bov an' arrovz.
I've used a real bow and fired real arrows and it wasn't too hard but I'm not saying guns should be in redwall on the first page I said no but it could be a possibility 

Redwaller

It depends on the bow you have. Real bows for sport are hard to pull, but with practice your arm gets stronger.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Doez everybody remember ze part in Mattimeo vhen zome o' ze Redwallerz vere tryin' tae learn 'ov tae uze a bov an' arrovz? Arrovz everyvhere an' vot nae!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 21, 2013, 11:59:44 PM
Doez everybody remember ze part in Mattimeo vhen zome o' ze Redwallerz vere tryin' tae learn 'ov tae uze a bov an' arrovz? Arrovz everyvhere an' vot nae!
Yes! That was hilarios!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Tam and Martin

Quote from: rachel25 on August 22, 2013, 04:58:03 PM
When did it happen  ???
Towards the middle of the book when the ravens\Crows\Magpies came to Redwall. The good guys tried to prepare themselves for the birds' attack.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000