News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Should there be guns in Redwall

Started by rachel25, July 16, 2013, 04:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

You know what I feel like saying to this topic?

WELL THERE AREN'T GUNS IN REDWALL, SO LIVE WITH IT!!!!!!!!
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Shade

Quote from: Redwaller on August 14, 2013, 03:56:01 PM
Quote from: The Shade on August 14, 2013, 09:19:40 AM
Quote from: Redwaller on August 10, 2013, 05:50:26 PM
NO! Absolutely not, and that squirrel is ugly with a gun.

YOU were the one that made the modern redwall rp!!!
RPs and Fanfics are okay, but others say that they would have liked Brian to put guns.

Yeah, guess your right.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Emperor Ublaz

NEVER!!!! A weapon like that would DESTROY the entire medieval feeling of Redwall. Also, heroes such as Martin the Warrior would have almost no chance against an enemy with a gun. Furthermore, if a vermin leader got his hands on some heavy artillery, he could completely level the abbey.
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

Maudie

Quote from: Emperor Ublaz on August 14, 2013, 07:48:25 PM
NEVER!!!! A weapon like that would DESTROY the entire medieval feeling of Redwall. Also, heroes such as Martin the Warrior would have almost no chance against an enemy with a gun. Furthermore, if a vermin leader got his hands on some heavy artillery, he could completely level the abbey.

I agree, and welcome to the forum, Ublaz!
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Romsca

Like I said, maybe they tried them, and it was such a pain to load them and they were so inaccurate they stopped using them. I still think I could put them in a fanfic in such a way that it's still canon

Redwaller

But we have to think that Redwall is set in the late Medieval - beginning Renaissance, when guns did not still exist. And it is as if this Era does not move, while history unravels forth the mighty adventures of our Heros.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

May'apz, like Romsca zaid, a long time agae zey 'ad gunz an' gunpovder, but eventually zomezin' 'appened tae end ziz, like zey ran oot o' ammo or vere zae difficult tae uze (alzae like Romsca zaid) zat zey juzt melted ze gunz intae molten zlag an' made zem intae zvordz an' ze lot. May'apz zomebeazt blev zemzelvez up viz it an' ze entire ztore'ouze o' gunpovder vent KABLOOIE!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

rachel25

Quote from: Redwaller on August 15, 2013, 01:58:35 PM
But we have to think that Redwall is set in the late Medieval - beginning Renaissance, when guns did not still exist. And it is as if this Era does not move, while history unravels forth the mighty adventures of our Heroes
yeah but what if Redwall moved into the Georgian era

Redwaller

Redwall does not move, it stays in what Era it is, and doesn't move.

But if you study Redwall closely, you can see that it has modern things in it, like the food is pretty modern.

Faiyloe

I don't think there should be guns in Redwall They take no skill there is nothing noble about them. I am making a Fan fiction with one of my friends. He has a character from the future of Redwall and he has a gun. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Tam and Martin

I think what she means is some of the guns today where it's a mass kill like machine guns, rapid-firing guns, and big bomb-like guns. They take out a lot of people but they aren't "noble".

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Faiyloe

It doesn't take much skill to weld a gun whereas a sword or bow and arrows take more talent. Guns make things too easy.   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Faiyloe on August 16, 2013, 08:57:22 PM
It doesn't take much skill to weld a gun whereas a sword or bow and arrows take more talent. Guns make things too easy.   

Nae tae mention mezzy tae boot!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.