baby turtle forever

Rusvul

Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on July 20, 2013, 01:06:19 AM
Cannons aren't canon, though.

I only say singleshots, still.
To bring back up an old pun, I think from dannflorreguba,
'Gunpowder is non canon'

The Shade

I think guns would be very interesting....
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Lutra

I'm one of those who feels guns mess the historical intimacy of the stories.  If we're looking at a primarily "dark ages" medieval period, guns weren't yet in existence, though not far off from becoming commonplace among Europeans and the Ottomans.  As I said before, Redwall isn't blood enough for some people?  A gun would blow a mouse to pieces, quite literally. :(
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

phoenixfoden

But a badger would take several before going down, 50cent style ;)

rachel25

but if it was a slow not too powerful gun would be fine its just like a bow but with lead bullets

Redwaller

But it would still be too pwerful for Redwall. Imagine a badger having a minigun, which would mean an enormous gun for mice, then it would be too easy to win.

Romsca

Not if it was really, really inaccurate. Anyway, a badger with a huge spear or bow and arrow would be just as deadly

Rusvul

The thing about a flintlock, though, is how long it takes to load. I believe it was something like a 43 step process. In the time that a musketeer could have loaded and fired one shot, ensuring the death of one beast, a skilled longbowman could have fired something like five shots. And somebeast with a crossbow would be about to fire. Seriously, crossbows take even longer. The only thing that makes flintlock muskets better than a bow is that they pierce armor. Which in Redwall, would be more of a balancing act than anything else. Pistols are a different story, as they can be carried loaded and dual-wielded with a sword. Can't do that with a bow or crossbow.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Badger Lord with Bloodwrath, and a GAU 8-A Avenger and RPG.  Dun dun dun dun.....
baby turtle forever

phoenixfoden

Cant forget several grenades for bowling at vermin,he would be unstopable!!! :D

rachel25

A pistol would do for my fanfic or something like that thanks for the info Rusvul  ;D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 22, 2013, 01:10:16 AM
...Pistols are a different story, as they can be carried loaded and dual-wielded with a sword. Can't do that with a bow or crossbow.

Ah'm reminded o' Ronan from Ztargate Atlantiz.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

rachel25

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 22, 2013, 04:28:12 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 22, 2013, 01:10:16 AM
...Pistols are a different story, as they can be carried loaded and dual-wielded with a sword. Can't do that with a bow or crossbow.

Ah'm reminded o' Ronan from Ztargate Atlantiz.
What?

The Shade

Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on July 22, 2013, 02:40:42 AM
Badger Lord with Bloodwrath, and a GAU 8-A Avenger and RPG.  Dun dun dun dun.....

SWEET!!! ;D
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I