5 (50%)
No
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

BadgerLordFiredrake

Anyone know of Khan Academy?  Great learning site all around.  khanacademy.org
baby turtle forever

Maudie

I haven't used it, but my siblings have.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Lutra

Yes, I have heard of it, have seen some videos.  Its a good extra resource if you're stuck, but KA alone won't replace good face-to-face interaction between student and teacher.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

rachel25

I've never heard of it but it's sounds a bit like North Star has anyone heard of that

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Quote from: Lutra on July 17, 2013, 11:50:47 AM
Yes, I have heard of it, have seen some videos.  Its a good extra resource if you're stuck, but KA alone won't replace good face-to-face interaction between student and teacher.
Personally, it actually is really good for just plain learning.  If you have an account, there's a really large community willing to answer any question, from 1 digit addition to calculus.
baby turtle forever

Romsca

My geometry teacher showed us a video about triangles on it. It was about why a two triangles can't be proven to be the same based on a similar side, side, and angle (IN THAT ORDER). (AKA why there is no SSA theorem)

BadgerLordFiredrake

Yea, it's because the side always corresponds to the angle, so you'd have to have at least 3 non-corresponding sides/angles.  On the other hand, you only need 2 angles to prove similarity.
baby turtle forever

Romsca

Exactly! Though it was a while ago...

Someone who was the class clown kept insisting that it was the false theorem was called the A.S.S. theorem instead of the S.S.A. theorem ::) :P

It wasn't me!

Romsca

No, it wasn't, but I laughed at most of his jokes.  :P

I was immature back then... haven't changed much though :D :P

BadgerLordFiredrake

xD

In the captions:  [PHONE RINGING]  :P
baby turtle forever