News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Tenebris Landing: Steam Punk RP signups!

Started by BrookSkimmer, July 20, 2013, 07:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

So both sides have valuable arguments, and you must choose which you want.

BrookSkimmer

Dannflower Reguba

Brook, can I claim head Technician and Engineer? (two different characters) for the darkphase.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

Dannflower Reguba

Yay!

Name: Surreil Vasse

Species: Squirrel

Job: Head Technician

Weapon: She was friends with an experienced boxing hare who taught her the ins-and-outs of the art, besides that, she has whatever tools she might be carrying at the given time, as well as a break action pistol.

Appearance: Bronze-Gold fur, Shining green eyes; said eyes have a thick, black outlining that "separates" the eyes from the golden fur. Other black markings: an otter javelin like formation starting about midway down her back hooking all the way to just above her eyes, the backs of her ears are black, as well as somewhat serrated marks along both forearms... she doesn't talk about the marks. The only visible scar she has is one that stems just off of her left eye, curving almost to her ear before dropping down her jaw. She wears a leather sleeveless tunic and pants (stained grey) her boots are white, and made of hard leather, and light metal casements all of which are made for extreme traction. Will sometimes wear ski-style goggles, or just heavily tainted sunglasses. Sometimes wears white gloves (same material as boots) which cover to most of her forearm.    [possibly more to come]

Personality: Tries to be somewhat cheery, but can get quite intense in the heat of battle. Generally likes to try and make people laugh, but if she's "down" I wouldn't advise getting in her way... enough said.

Physicality: Quick, not necessarily the strongest among her fellow Technicians, but she can still get the job done. Toned, but not bulky.

Name: Quentin Schooth (shooth)

Species: Ferret

Job: Head Engineer    [WORK IN PROGRESS]

Weapon: Always has a heavy tool on him... always (generally a hammer or wrench) But he also carries a shortstop shotgun with incendiary rounds that burst upon firing, thereby shooting a blast of fire instead of metal. (he can use metal jacket rounds as well, but prefers his creation over the metal rounds)

Appearance: He likes to mess around with fire-based ideas. This fascination has given the white rings on his body a dark grey tinge over the long time he's been at this job. His eyes are blazing red, deep and thoughtful eyes. His right ear is partially torn, and burn scars cover random parts of his body. Somehow, he's managed to keep his tail relatively safe from the flames, and said tail is now quite lustrous in comparison to the rest of him. Generally wears a light pair of pants and a shirt, but over that he has a heavy apron made from the finest leather (as in best strength to flexibility ratio) thick work gloves accompany.

Personality: Calm, collected, he will almost always bring a ray of sunshine with him wherever he goes. Incredibly hard to upset, and even when upset he's still easy to get along with. He's a peacemaker, and does his best to keep the heads of the crew members cool in times of distress.

Physicality: Strong build... for a Ferret anyway.

BTW: I think this is shaping up to be an amazing RP!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

KitrallStreamrippler

Here they are- Durge first, then the crewmember. (By the way, BrookSkimmer, I forgot to mention that I am a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki films! What's your favorite? Mine's probably Princess Mononoke.)

Galley Master Durge
Mouse
Male
Brief History: Born and raised in a village where his mother was the best cook around, and his father was a renowned gunsmith. His father took him as an apprentice, but Durge preferred to be in the kitchen with his mother. His father threatened to kick him out, but Durge ran away and ended up on the Tenebris not too long ago.
Attitude: Durge is cheerful and friendly to all. He is always ready for a good laugh, even at his own expense. He is a hard worker and takes great pride in his work, performing any task to the best of his ability. He has great respect for the fighters onboard, as he is a relatively peaceful beast.
Description: He has light grey fur with a cream underside and dark brown eyes. His usual attire is a faded blue tunic, leather vest, and brown trousers. He is of average height and weight for a mouse of his age.
Weapon(s): Dagger, pistol.

Charles Matthew Paxton ("Charlie")
Red Fox
Male
Brief History: He spent most of his childhood in an orphanage, as his parents and sister died in a fire. When Charlie discovered that his older brother set the fire, he vowed to avenge his family's deaths. He trained in many survival skills before setting out to find his brother. He returned many seasons later with new scars, both mental and physical. He never told anybeast what happened, and he was much more reserved than when he'd left. He's quite mysterious, and there are all sorts of rumors about him.
Attitude: Charlie is generally polite, but not very friendly, preferring to keep to himself. He gives no undue criticism, but also no undue praise, and only respects those who have earned it. He can be sarcastic and a bit condescending at times, but there is no real animosity behind it. He is harsh when he feels it is necessary, and will occasionally snap at beasts, but also encourages when it will do more good. He has a strict code of honor which nobeast can convince him to deviate from.
Description: Tall and athletic-looking, he is always well-groomed. His fur is a bright orangey-red color, with black tips on his tail and ears, black "socks", and a pure white underside. His clothes are somewhat shabby, but neat and comfortably loose- a light colored-shirt tucked into dark pantaloons, and a long black peacoat in bad weather.
Weapon(s): Cutlass, two flintlock pistols.

Whew! Sorry that they're a bit lengthy- my inner author is meticulous, demanding many details.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

Dannflor, the technlogy in steampunk is victorial, but with a lot more clckwrk and steam power. Flintlock pistols are common, especially ones that are somehow enhanced.

BrookSkimmer

These apps look really great you guys. I'll add them to the opening post later today.

BrookSkimmer

Oh and a note on the start of this...

There will be a delay before the RP begins that I just found out today. I will be going on a mission trip from Aug. 2-18 for this RP will not start until Aug. 20. I'm sorry for the delay but that will give plenty of time to build this up.

Redwaller

It's great that we have a delay! Because I'll be gone soonish for about two weeks.

W0NWILL

Finally got around to finishing my characters.

And Rus, Dinte, what do you think will Ferron's and Kormac's and Jale's relationship could be like? They're all engineers/mechanics/someone who works with the ship on the Tenebris. Rus mentioned Ferron could be an apprentice, and since Dinte's character is a bit young, and they're both younger than Jale, maybe they would be apprentices? Or it could be that we have engineers and mechanics be slightly different things. What do you two think?

BrookSkimmer

Ok, I'm back and ready to get this thing off the ground. I'll be making final additions to characters over the next couple of days and then we shall begin!

Dannflower Reguba

Finally! YAY!  :D

Where'd you go again? It was a camp thing wasn't it?

BrookSkimmer

If you are involved in this RP you will be receiving a PM from me shortly. Please respond and then we will begin!

BrookSkimmer

Sorry guys... one more delay... going on an unexpected trip for four days. The RP will begin the end of next week.