News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Race to Ascension (two teams, one goal)

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 09, 2013, 06:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

We've got 3 people so far, if you guys know anyone who you think would be interested, I'd really appreciate it if you'd ring 'em up.  :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Dannflower Reguba

That'll make 5, we're 1 away from the minimum number of players needed.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade

Name: Sandfire
Species: Desert cat
Apperance: With firey, shaggy fur, he lookes larger than he is. His bright green eyes and orange, tight fitting tunic completes the picture.
Personality: Quick to fight, but will anyways defend the helpless. Very crafty.
Strengths: Good at climbing, strong, tactical
Weaknesses: Terrible at swimming, bone headed in battle.
History: Little, he is the only survviver of his family.
Other: None

Redwaller

This sounds like an awesome RP!

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 09, 2013, 08:53:32 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on August 09, 2013, 06:18:34 PM
  Well, I'm joinin'!  Just a quick question though:  How would our characters come to the race?  Would they be dragged there, or would they sign up?  Is it sorta like a game show, where every round the two teams fight to win, and the losing team has to eliminate a player?

Task oriented, but that's all I'm giving away about that part. Everything will make more sense when you reach the Hall of Eternity.  ;)

Just to really make sure that I'm not giving any sort of Facade, Everything is Physical/natural EXCEPT for your goal (which is obviously on the Supernatural side) The RP will be played mostly the same way as a normal one as well, but you will have scenarios, enemies, decisions, Paths, tasks, and actions that I will provide for you in number.

Example: A. Break cover and fight the cyclops [remember, this is an example!] B. Wait for ___ time C. Run D. Try to negotiate with Cyclops.

That will be occasional, and will immediately turn back into normal RP.   
So you make a scenario, give us some option and each option leads us on a path that you have prepared in advance, right?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Faiyloe

It said in the first post that your character was not suppose to have weapons or armor they would be assigned to you.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Redwaller

I'll change her clothes soon. The only reason why it mentions weapons, is because of her strength.

Dannflower Reguba

Redwaller, you're missing strengths and weaknesses.  ;)

Shade: ACCEPTED

The Shade

Redwaller

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 13, 2013, 05:27:18 AM
Redwaller, you're missing strengths and weaknesses.  ;)

Shade: ACCEPTED
Oops, forgot those. But apart from strengths and weaknesses am I okay?

Dannflower Reguba

Besides what Faiyloe said, yes, though I hope she's ready to get out of her comfort zone.  ;)

Redwaller

On second thought, I think I'll make a new character:

Cedany
Name: Cedany

Species: Wildcat

Appearance: Cedany, unlike most wildcats, does not have any stripes. She has dark brown fur, and white patches surround her eyes, making it look as if she has a mask. Her completely black eyes are filled with wonder at all the things surrounding her, and at the sounds which she herself cannot make or imitate. She is rather tall and lean, almost skinny. Her clothes consist of a red leather jerkin, and a blue leather skirt which goes down below her knees.

Picked-up weapons and equipment: Javelin, knife, triangular shield, pair of leather boots, chest piece.

Personality: She is kind and considerate, and because of her lack of speech, she does not make fun of others, but rather does the opposite; she tries to become friends with all those that are not like others. She is more of a follower than a leader.

Backstory: Not much is known of her story. She has lacked speech since her birth, and was abandoned by her parents. Her coming to the race is unkown, except that she suddenly appeared at the door with a piece of paper saying that she wished to enter it.

Other: She carries writing material with her so as to communicate with those lacking the knownledge of sign language.

Strengths: She is skilled with her paws, since she has to use sign language, and this enables her to do hard things like passing a thread through a needle’s eye. She has particularly good eye-sight, which adds to her skill of paws.

Weaknesses: Lack of speech, bad at making strategic decisions.

[close]