Race to Ascension (two teams, one goal)

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 09, 2013, 06:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Hi guys! So this is going to be a bit different from the RP's you're probably used to. This will be sort of tournament like, and I'm currently planning on making a small (probably cheesy given my art "talent") banner for the winners.

As in the title, there will be two teams, you will start together (no fighting each other, as you are all one team until division) You have just learned of "Ascension" and to reach this, you must first go through Transcendence. As luck would have it, there is an actual place you can go to to initiate the process! all 10 of you will journey to the Hall of Eternity, a place rumored to be hidden among Mountain clouds, and encompassed with mist. You journey here to Transcend, but what trials might you meet at the colloquial gates of Heaven?

This "Tourny" will function in an Overlords orders manner. I'm literally all powerful as the GM, and set the stage for all occurrences, but I don't have a place in the tourny itself.

(ONE places left!)

Form:

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Other:
Strengths:
Weaknesses (at least 1):

All starting weapons and armor will be issued (I will give you options) at the start of the RP, best of luck to you!

The teams will be decided at an already determined point in time in the RP. Post count has no meaning, the better the quality of post, the better chance you have to Transcend, but it won't be just that easy.  :-X

THEMES:

Theme for Crossroads
[close]

Theme for Hope
[close]

Theme of Battle
[close]

Theme of Death
[close]

My Character as he stands at this present time:

Name: Obscura the Guardian of Transcendence
Species: Squirrel
Appearance: N/A
Personality: N/A
Backstory: N/A
Other: N/A

PEOPLE IN:

1. HiAG (READY!)
Raelicco
Name: Raelicco
Species: Weasel
Appearance: Dark reddish fur with a white belly, a dark blue sleeveless tunic with a plain white hooded travelling cloak overtop of it and light brown trousers
Personality: Quiet and serious, a loner
Backstory: Was abandoned when he was just a baby. He's been living his entire life by himself, without any assistance from anybeast. It's been tough, but he's managed to grow much stronger and thus has been able to survive.
Other: Basically I'm thinking of a Redwall version Piccolo (Jr.) from Dragon Ball
Strengths: Very strong, quiet, and quick from living on his own
Weaknesses (at least 1): Is not a team player, he prefers to do everything himself, and thus nearly always refuses any help when offered, even if he needs it. Is overconfident in his own abilities, and thus will accept challenges assuming that he can overcome them, even though he may not.
[close]
2. Rainshadow (READY!)
Cas
Name:  Cassius "Cas" Brook

Species:  Silver fox

Appearance:  Even though Cas is a fully grown silver fox, his fur colour remained the same as it was when he was a pup: white, with a dark grey face and light grey tail.  Lengthwise, his fur is rather long and shaggy, due to the fact that his appearance didn't mature correctly.  His eyes also remained a light blue, making him appear much younger than he actually is.  Of course, you can barely see his eyes, because he squints all the time.  As for his size, the fox is short and scrawny, making him look quite young for his age.
 Clothing-wise, Cas wears a dark grey tunic, which is slightly tattered on the edges.  His cloak is a darker grey, but not quite black.  It too is slightly tattered at the edges.  Around the todd's waist is a black cord that he uses as a belt.

Personality:  Cas is rather cowardly and tends to hide when in large crowds of strangers, but if he's with a gang, he's more courageous.  He's smart and sly, like many other foxes, but he's not totally evil.  He doesn't claim to have any friends, but once he gets to know somebeast, he's got their back.  Of course, he's never really gotten close enough to another creature to get to know them.

Backstory:  Cassius, or Cas, as he calls himself, is a quiet and cowardly fox, the runt of the litter.  He didn't mature normally like his siblings, and was often left out of all the games they would play.  He preferred to stay inside the small hut they lived in, reading the large selection of books his mother had collected.  This made him quite the brainy little fox, which caused him to get beat up by his older brothers and sisters more often.
 As soon as Cas turned 15, he was kicked out of his home.  He was the odd one out, after all; the weakest link.  He couldn't help take care of his family, so he was forced to go make a living by thieving from other creatures in a village not too far away.  He would often get arrested, but he and the jailer, a fat old stoat, had an agreement.  In exchange for Cas' freedom, he would give the old hob food.  The more he stole, the more often he got caught, which meant more food for the jailer.  It was an irritating cycle for the fox, but if it kept him alive, he could live with it.

Other:  While his brain and bodily functions matured normally, for some reason, Cas remains the same colour as he did when he was a young pup.  His fur didn't darken like other silver foxes, and neither did his eyes.  Because of this, the todd doesn't have the best vision, so he has a permanent squint.

Strengths:  The fox is smart and sly, and he can sneak pretty well, which makes him a good thief.  Also, he can climb excellently, his skills almost matching the skills of a squirrel.  Almost.

Weaknesses:  Cas is very weak strength-wise, and he's terrible at swimming.  He doesn't see well, and has been meaning to steal somebeast's spectacles, but he hasn't had the chance yet.  His poor vision means that he has terrible aim, meaning he can't sling a stone or shoot an arrow to save his life.
[close]
3. Faiyloe (READY!)
Thanora
Name: Thanora
Species: Otter
Appearance: Tall and thin with dark brown fur, bright smiling eyes, a dark purple tunic (sunset purple) and a belt.
Personality: friendly, good with other beasts, a natural leader but understands her place, outgoing, fierce in combat, trustworthy, good mannered.          
Backstory: grew up in a good family with good upbringing. Her family died in a vermin raid only two seasons ago (years) including her baby sister who she misses the most. after the raid she left home and traveled around till she came here to join the quest.    
Other: she is prone to periods of silence and morning. Prefers nonviolence but will fight when necessary.  
Strengths: Very Mature and experienced for her age. Willing to learn. Has good Insight.  
Weaknesses: During her periods of mourning she can become very agitated with others to hide her pain and it can cloud her judgment. Not very physically strong.
[close]
4. The Shade (READY!)
Sandfire
Name: Sandfire
Species: Desert cat
Apperance: With firey, shaggy fur, he lookes larger than he is. His bright green eyes and orange, tight fitting tunic completes the picture.
Personality: Quick to fight, but will anyways defend the helpless. Very crafty. Can be social, when in good company.
Strengths: Good at climbing, strong, clever when not in battle. Good unarmed combat skills.
Weaknesses: Terrible at swimming, bone headed in battle, little tactical intelligence
History: little, he is the only survivor of his family, who were killed by barbarian tribes. He was raised by a traveler wildcat, who also taught him unarmed combat skills.
[close]
5. Redwaller (READY!)
Cedany
Name: Cedany

Species: Wildcat

Appearance: Cedany, unlike most wildcats, does not have any stripes. She has dark brown fur, and white patches surround her eyes, making it look as if she has a mask. Her completely black eyes are filled with wonder at all the things surrounding her, and at the sounds which she herself cannot make or imitate. She is rather tall and lean, almost skinny. Her clothes consist of a red leather jerkin, and a blue leather skirt which goes down below her knees.

Personality: She is kind and considerate, and because of her lack of speech, she does not make fun of others, but rather does the opposite; she tries to become friends with all those that are not like others. She is more of a follower than a leader.

Backstory: Not much is known of her story. She has lacked speech since her birth, and was abandoned by her parents. Her coming to the race is unkown, except that she suddenly appeared at the door with a piece of paper saying that she wished to enter it.

Other: She carries writing material with her so as to communicate with those lacking the knownledge of sign language.

Strengths: She is skilled with her paws, since she has to use sign language, and this enables her to do hard things like passing a thread through a needle's eye. She has particularly good eye-sight, which adds to her skill of paws.

Weaknesses: Lack of speech, bad at making strategic decisions.
[close]
6. Norham (READY!)

7. Leatho (READY!)
Bladepaw
Name: Bladepaw
Species: Hare
Appearance: Brown fur, green eyes. He wears a white tunic. His left paw is missing.
Personality: sincere, loyal and honorable.
Backstory: Grew up at castle Floret, before setting of for adventures.
Other: He talks normaly, and hold strongly to his codes of honor.
Strengths: A quick thinker.
Weaknesses (at least 1): He has only one forepaw, and proud.
[close]
8. Mask (OUT: DQ)

9. Rachel (READY!)
Xant
Name: Xant
Species: otter
Appearance: tall with loads of tattoos on arms and back and rudder! Has emerald green eyes, and a lopsided smile.
Personality: is a fierce warrior but is also clever when it comes to planning out his next move.
Backstory:is from a broken home and has no know family left, and has no real friends left.
Other: is a loner
Strengths: sword play and is a good archer
Weaknesses: sleeps badly and is afraid of swans.
[close]
10. Jukka the Sling

I think that's it for now.  :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade

I might join if in was....less super natural? I preher more natural challenges for my character.   :-\ :P
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Dannflower Reguba

Don't worry about that, the challenges themselves will be physical.  ;)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Well, I'm joinin'!  Just a quick question though:  How would our characters come to the race?  Would they be dragged there, or would they sign up?  Is it sorta like a game show, where every round the two teams fight to win, and the losing team has to eliminate a player?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Shade

I, personly, think they should be captured...

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 09, 2013, 06:18:34 PM
  Well, I'm joinin'!  Just a quick question though:  How would our characters come to the race?  Would they be dragged there, or would they sign up?  Is it sorta like a game show, where every round the two teams fight to win, and the losing team has to eliminate a player?

Task oriented, but that's all I'm giving away about that part. Everything will make more sense when you reach the Hall of Eternity.  ;)

Just to really make sure that I'm not giving any sort of Facade, Everything is Physical/natural EXCEPT for your goal (which is obviously on the Supernatural side) The RP will be played mostly the same way as a normal one as well, but you will have scenarios, enemies, decisions, Paths, tasks, and actions that I will provide for you in number.

Example: A. Break cover and fight the cyclops [remember, this is an example!] B. Wait for ___ time C. Run D. Try to negotiate with Cyclops.

That will be occasional, and will immediately turn back into normal RP.   

The Shade

So we have moves, turns, like a board game  :D

Dannflower Reguba

You COULD sorta picture it like that. But the focus will still mainly be on normal RPing.

FYI: I forgot to mention that I'm not just the "Overlord" of the game, I do have a character.  :o

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zoundz major! Ah'll join:

Name: Raelicco
Species: Weasel
Appearance: Dark reddish fur with a white belly, a dark blue sleeveless tunic with a plain white hooded travelling cloak overtop of it and light brown trousers with a belt, wields a short-sword and a daggar, a pair of leather boots, a pair of loose-bound gauntlets
Weapon(s): Two wooden javelins A serrated knife and a chipped shortsword, as well as a bone that he broke off of a dead-beast's skeleton (Ah dinnae ken vhy)
Personality: Quiet and serious, a loner
Backstory: Was abandoned when he was just a baby. He's been living his entire life by himself, without any assistance from anybeast. It's been tough, but he's managed to grow much stronger and thus has been able to survive.
Other: Basically I'm thinking of a Redwall version Piccolo (Jr.) from Dragon Ball
Strengths: Very strong, quiet, and quick from living on his own
Weaknesses (at least 1): Is not a team player, he prefers to do everything himself, and thus nearly always refuses any help when offered, even if he needs it. Is overconfident in his own abilities, and thus will accept challenges assuming that he can overcome them, even though he may not.

Ach, tiz late. Ah'll finizh me character zheet on ze morrov!
EDIT: Okay, ah finizhed it. Ah vaz juzt taae tired lazt night, az vell az it vaz time for dinner.

EDIT: EDIT: Ah vaz rereadin' ze introduction an' came tae ze zin' aboot veaponz. Ah'll juzt crozz zat oot until ve get tae zat point.

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT: Ah added me characterz current equipment tae me character dezcription. Iz it okay zat ah gave me character a belt? Ah'll remove it if nae.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dannflower Reguba

Update! I'm going to post some themes.  :)

Theme for Crossroads (when you have to choose one path or another)

Theme for Character Deaths

Theme of Battle

You guys can give me your own ideas as well, just send them via PM.  ;)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ze zemez are great zae far. Cannae vait until ziz ztartz!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Dannflower Reguba

It's really simple, just play the RP normal, but occasionally I'll present a situation and some options to deal with the situation, then that part gets played out and you continue.

It's really easy to pick up.  ;)

Romsca

How long will this take? I'm not sure I want to get into another whole RP tournament. I won't have the time!

Faiyloe

This sounds interesting I might join but I don't understand why you need to have two teams and what does each team do?
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?