News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Badger cull: Good or bad?

Started by The Shade, August 27, 2013, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Good or bad?

Good
3 (16.7%)
Bad
11 (61.1%)
Not sure
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Agreed. Vid zey be villin' tae cull 'umanz like zey're doin' viz Badgerz? Ah doubt it. Ach, 'umanz can be zae dumb an' zoughtlezz zometimez! Killin' badgerz vill nae 'elp anyzin'!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

The reason is that they are afraid the badger will spread diseases.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

An' like ah zaid, vid zey be villin' tae dae a cull o' 'umanz?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

I reckon the badgers would, after we have treated them!

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

rachel25

It is terrible what they are doing to the badgers  >:( we should sigh a petition to stop the culling 

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: rachel25 on August 29, 2013, 05:51:29 PM
It is terrible what they are doing to the badgers  >:( we should sigh a petition to stop the culling 

Aye, ve zhould.

The Shade

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 29, 2013, 06:47:55 PM
Quote from: rachel25 on August 29, 2013, 05:51:29 PM

Aye, ve zhould.

Yup.

Blaggut

If the badgers pose a threat they must be delt with!  >:( if we don't kids could be attacked or made sick! And hiag, that's mostly irrelevant. We could quartile them, and it's cruel, but it could.be neccasary to kill them if heyw ere zombies!
~Just a soft space boi~

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

...*Takez a deep, calmin' breath*...Okay, ah'm better na'.

Blaggut, ye zay me comment iz irrelavent in ze zame pozt zat ze ye talk aboot if zey vere zombiez. Viz regardz tae pozin' a zreat, accordin' tae yer logic, 'umanz vid av 'ave been viped oot due tae ze conztant zreatz o' killin', pollution, cruelty, mazz murder, var, an' etc. Viz regardz tae kidz bein' attacked, zat iz nae vot ve are dizcuzzin' 'ere. Ziz iz nae rabiez. An' even if it vaz, like ah zaid in me previouz anzver, 'umanz vid ztill be ze main concern. Take ziz picture for example.

'umanz killed by zharkz-12
Zharkz killed by 'umanz-100,000,000
Na', if ve zubtract ze tvelve 'umanz killled by zharkz from zat 100,000,000 ve get 99,999,988. Zae zen ve add ze number o' 'umanz zat are killed by...*tenze moment*...'umanz, an' zat number zkyrocketz! An' zat iz nae even mentionin' ze ozer zillionz o' creaturez zat 'umanz kill. An' vhy dae ze zharkz dae it? Moztly for food. Vhy dae 'umanz dae it? Zcientiztz are ztill tryin' tae figure ziz vone oot, but ze mozt common belief iz ztupidity.

Tae av o' ye 'umanz oot zere: Ztop zinkin' aboot yer louzy pocket bookz an' petty zocial dramaz an' ztart zinkin' aboot ze rezt o' ze planet avready!

Blaggut

Hmm... Well the wort part for sharks is they don't eat them. If they eat it's not AS bad, as for badgers, if its sickness/over-population they MUST be quarantined/placed on a controlled forest/slain.
~Just a soft space boi~

MeadowR

There isn't enough evidence to suggest that this cull will actually help anything. Still, it's happening now and there's not much to be done but see what is said for it in a few months. :/
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Blaggut on September 06, 2013, 02:56:13 AM
Hmm... Well the wort part for sharks is they don't eat them. If they eat it's not AS bad, as for badgers, if its sickness/over-population they MUST be quarantined/placed on a controlled forest/slain.

Zae zen, ztill accordin' tae yer logic, if tiz zicknezz an'/or over-population, zen zey zhould dae ze zame zin' viz 'umanz, nyet? An' accordin' tae ziz zen, by vot 'umanz are doin' right na' (Pollution, overpopulation, deforeztation, murder, oil zpillz, var, etc...) zey zhould be quarrantined, 'ave zeir population be controlled, an' killed. Never mindin' vhich 'uman bein'z zey are, or vot age zey are, ze 'uman zpeciez zhould be culled until zey are under control an' arenae zpreadin' dizeazez an' etc. around. Great logic, mate!

Blaggut

Mostly, yeah. But badgers its just.. Ethicly different besides humans have been quarantined before.
~Just a soft space boi~