News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Last post wins

Started by The Lady Shael, July 25, 2011, 04:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

I win because I just saw Mockingjay - Part 1 and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  As Mockingjay was my least favourite of The Hunger Games trilogy, I expected the movies to be rather uninteresting as well.  I was wrong.  That film nearly moved me to tears several times, and that last scene...  My goodness.  I'm not a big fan of the Katniss/Peeta ship, but that scene hurt to watch.

So, yeah, if you like The Hunger Games, I highly recommend seeing Mockingjay - Part 1.  Even if you don't particularly like the series, I still recommend the movie.  In my opinion (although my opinion could be biased by the fact that I've seen the first two films several times and have grown tired of them), this movie was better than the first two.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

LT Sandpaw

Your logic isn't ever in your favor MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rainshadow

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 29, 2014, 03:24:10 PM
Your logic isn't ever in your favor MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Shoots Sandy-chan with an explosive arrow*  FOR RUE!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

SilentSam

District 1: idk his name and Glimmer
District2: Cato and Clove
District 5: Foxface and idk
District 11: Tresh and Rue :(
District 12: Peeta and Katniss
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Maudie

My fav Hunger Games character is Finnick. *Sigh* Finnick Odair. *Sigh*  :D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

LT Sandpaw

*Dodges arrow easily.* HAHA I will win the hunger games.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Izeroth

*pushes Sandpaw into a pit full of spikes* I don't think so.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on November 29, 2014, 07:02:55 PM

Yes, Finnick's my favourite character, too.  Although I do quite like Haymitch.  ;D

The Mask

Hah! We are twins. Finnick is the only redeeming factor in the series(which sucks in my opinion). I guess Haymitch is pretty cool cos he's such a nutjob.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Mask on November 29, 2014, 10:23:04 PM
Hah! We are twins. Finnick is the only redeeming factor in the series(which sucks in my opinion). I guess Haymitch is pretty cool cos he's such a nutjob.

Yeah, I agree that the series is pretty "meh".  I'm not a huge fan, but I read the first book and sorta just had to read the others 'cause it was bugging me, not knowing how it ended.  But I still say that Mockingjay - Part 1 is awesome.

Mockingjay - Part 1
  Especially when Katniss visited the different districts.  In District 8...  Let's just say that I really liked that scene.  Or the scene in District 7 when the lumberjacks blew up all the Peacekeepers after climbing the trees.  Or when the people were singing The Hanging Tree while blowing up the dam in District 5.  Basically, I just really liked watching the people's rebellion and the Capitol's retaliation.
[close]

Izeroth

Watched Mockingjay part 1 yesterday. It was pretty good, And I must say that I liked it more than the other movies. The reason I liked it more than the other movies was probably because it had (or at least seemed to have) a bit more action than the other movies, and also because something of interest was always happening. In the first two movies, much of it was just training, which I personally found boring.

Maudie

Go away, people. I'm glued to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It's my first time reading it. :)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Mask

Eh. Harry Potter was alright. I don't really see what all the hype was about though.

By the way. Me and The Mask win. ;D :D ;)
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

I'm just finding the writing style fascinating. There is just something about English and Australian authors. Brian Jacques, J. K. Rowling, John Flanagan. I just enjoy the differentness from U.S. writers.

The Masks split this win!