Why you love Redwall.

Started by Redwall Musician, June 21, 2011, 03:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowed One

I love Redwall because of the fighting and journeys, the food and the songs. Basically, I like every aspect of the Redwall world. I have even memorized some of the songs!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Firehawke

I can escape into the world of Redwall and leave all my cares behind!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, ah love doin' zat. Aw zat ye 'ave tae dae iz zit back, relax, pick up a Redwall book (or any o' anozer zeveral bookz zat ye like) an' open it...an' zuddenly, yer in ze middle o' a battle! Or, yer enjoyin' a deliciouz feazt vith aw o' yer Redwall friendz! Campin' oot vith ze Guosim zingin' zongz an' debatin'! 'avin' vone major time on a long adventure! Ezcapin' from a vermin fortrezz! Zneakin' oot o' Redwall vith ze ozer dibbunz! 'avin' fun! Aye, ah juzt love Redwall!!!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 27, 2013, 07:30:08 PM
Aye, ah love doin' zat. Aw zat ye 'ave tae dae iz zit back, relax, pick up a Redwall book (or any o' anozer zeveral bookz zat ye like) an' open it...an' zuddenly, yer in ze middle o' a battle! Or, yer enjoyin' a deliciouz feazt vith aw o' yer Redwall friendz! Campin' oot vith ze Guosim zingin' zongz an' debatin'! 'avin' vone major time on a long adventure! Ezcapin' from a vermin fortrezz! Zneakin' oot o' Redwall vith ze ozer dibbunz! 'avin' fun! Aye, ah juzt love Redwall!!!
Me too!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Sailears

This is going to sound incredibly cheesy I imagine, but anyway...

... because the love he put into writing it comes straight across to the reader.
... because it contains the essence of the British countryside, the wildlife and scenery, the people, the dialects and personalities, and the spirit of communities.
... because of the wonderful descriptions of food! :D
... because good always triumphs, and I love a happy ending.
My ears, how are you, wot!

Ferrousferret

I'd have to say that, while the books don't necessarily have incredibly complex plots, & rarely have non-stereotypical characters, they really just seem to pull you in & keep you interested. Recently Nostalgia Critic said it best- People notice tiny things & nitpick because the story isn't interesting enough to distract you from them.

Let's see if I can even get five, but:
3) I love neat, comical, fun adventure stories. They were my first love in story telling.
2) Nostalgic reasons. All through Middle School & on- about 5th Grade to 9th- I would cycle through them to read in my spare time. When I finished the series, I'd start over again.
1) Jacques inspired my love of writing.

Maudie

It's a refreshing world that lets you lose yourself in it and become a completely different beast. You fight pirates, solve riddles, eat DELICIOUS food, and have tons of awesome swashbuckling adventures!
Okay, that sounded like a review, but whatever.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

MeadowR

They're generally very engaging and fun to read and can appeal to a wide age range. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Tam and Martin

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on July 23, 2013, 10:40:16 PM
They're generally very engaging and fun to read and can appeal to a wide age range. :)
As you can see on this foum  :)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

brookeloveslotr

I love Redwall because every book pulls you into the action and I think the characters are well developed.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

SandyB

My first impressions of Redwall were low when I first started reading them. I mean, the impression that it's a series aimed at younger reads is evident in the prose, but it what happens next that got me reading on. If I would describe Redwall to someone, it'd be like this: Tales of the Riverbank meets Game of Thrones.
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

The Shade

Quote from: Shadowed One on June 26, 2013, 10:11:03 PM
I love Redwall because of the fighting and journeys, the food and the songs. Basically, I like every aspect of the Redwall world. I have even memorized some of the songs!

Same! :)
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I