News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Rose's Death - Poll

Started by Cornflower MM, January 05, 2014, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose's Death.....

Made you cry, it was so sad and you liked her.
Why does it matter? She was a sucky character
Nuetral

MeadowR

I found the way she died so sudden and shocking. I didn't get really upset so I had to vote 'neutral'.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shade

I'm still on neutral grounds.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

The Skarzs

How do you get 'neutral' ground into dust?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rachel25

I liked her, but I didn't cry. The only Redwall books I cried at were, Bellmaker, Loamhedge, Mossflower, Legend of Luke (I howled reading the end of that one) and Salamanderstron. There were probably others, but I can't remember.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rachel25 on February 05, 2014, 05:13:12 PM
I liked her, but I didn't cry. The only Redwall books I cried at were, Bellmaker, Loamhedge, Mossflower, Legend of Luke (I howled reading the end of that one) and Salamanderstron. There were probably others, but I can't remember.
You howled when you read the end of Legend Of Luke? Why?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Russa Nodrey

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on January 30, 2014, 10:50:11 AM
I found the way she died so sudden and shocking. I didn't get really upset so I had to vote 'neutral'.

Yeah, I voted "neutral".
Freddy

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Wylder Treejumper

I think it was really tragic she died. It is probably one of the saddest things I have ever read. But I really liked Rose as a character, maybe because she reminded me of someone I used to know... Their personalities are remarkably similar. Also, the effect it had on Martin made it doubly tragic.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Banya Streamdog

I almost cried. It was so sad!!!  :'( I also loves the character!
EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Deyna the Warrior

Quote from: Blaggut on January 07, 2014, 05:40:10 PM
I have p not read the firt ones yet.. But not too fond. Of her in the show. Cornflower on the other hand was amazing! Genius! Only reason rose's death wAs a teensiest bit sad cuz Martin liked her. And that seemed a tad sudden to, going from hidden like to "OMG rose don't leave! Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

I'll either vote neutral or sucky character.

Well, people in real life do that a lot too. Half because they might have been hiding feelings, but also half because until they're gone, people don't realize how much they loved them.
Warriors brave, who gave all you could give,
Offered your lives so that others would live,
No one can tell what my heart longed to say
When I had to leave here, and you had to stay.

-The Long Patrol, page 312

Tim Churchmouse

I must say, when I read the book those many years ago, I was rather sad but not enough to make me cry. When I watched the TV series, it was so beautifully sad (especially the last song *sniff sniff*) I cried my heart out for a couple of minutes.

:'(
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

Delthion

I didn't like and it made me sad, but it did not make me cry.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jasper

Neutral. She was a good character and all, but a good bit of the book was hinting at her death, making it not much of a surprise for me. I liked her a good deal more in the TV show, but still not enough to cry or care too much. Also, I think the fact that all of the characters are animals and not human is the main reason for my neutrality. I simply have trouble building up much emotion for a character who is a troublesome rodent in real life.