News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

aaaaaaah!

Started by Martha Braebuck, August 04, 2011, 11:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I'll trust you on that.

Doublethink:
To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again: and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself. That was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Redwall Musician

Wow, that made so much sense when I didn't think about it.

"His name is Winnie-ther-Pooh. You do know what ther means?"
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

It means....BLAH!!!!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quoth the raven, 'Nevermore.'
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tiria Wildlough

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper, where's the peck of pickled pepper that Peter Piper picked?
Just try saying that out loud...
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck of a woodchuck could chuck wood!

Say that five times fast! :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

I can say it fast. ;D
PeterPiperPickedAPeckOfPickledPepper
IfPeterPiperPickedAPeckOfPickledPepper,
Where'sThePeckOfPickledPepperThatPeterPiperPicked?
I'm not a hipster.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Da'n the haw' an' tae the left o' the fieldmice, o' courze!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

NIMBALO THE SLAYER!!!!!!!!! He was a fieldmouse! ;D

Tiria Wildlough

TAGGERUNG SPOILER

I hate Vallug Bowbeast. >:( He was the one who killed Cregga. :'( :'(
I'm not a hipster.

White One6193

Quote from: Nightfire on August 27, 2011, 08:28:02 PM
NIMBALO THE SLAYER!!!!!!!!! He was a fieldmouse! ;D

NIMBAAAALLO!!!
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Nightfire

Deyna the Dangerous! That's a good 'un! I like that name!

Tiria Wildlough

Nimbalo the Nuisance. :D :D
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Tiria Wildlough

'Well, ain't that a turnip for the ship's log?' -Plugg Firetail, from Triss :D :D
'Don't worry if der stripe'ound eats yer, 'e's only jokin'! Huhuhuh!' -Jungo, from Eulalia! :D :D :D :D
Those are some of my favourite quotes.^^ ;D :D ;D :D

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on August 23, 2011, 10:10:24 PM
I'll trust you on that.

Doublethink:
To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again: and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself. That was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink.

Didn't understand a word of that.^^ ???
I'm not a hipster.