News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Brian Jacques Day 2014 Memorial Feast and Toasting Topic

Started by Matthias720, February 05, 2014, 01:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Huzzah! Huzzah! We toast the memory of Brian Jacques and his legacy! Here's to a great man, a fantastic author, and peerless storyteller! A toast to Brian Jacques! A toast to Redwall! A toast to every good beast who joins in the name of peace and goodwill! I salute all of you!

REDWALLLLLLL!!!

Pass the candied chestnuts please.

And if you skipped straight to the feast, visit here to share some memories of Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

rachel25

I think we should be happy. Cos Brian Jacques was a great person, and it is sad that he died, but we should celebrate, and toast in memory of him. Here's to Brian Jacques, and amazing author, and a great man! *Raises glass of strawberry punch* 

brocka

Greetings to all beasts of good heart. I plan to enjoy today as a celebration of Brian's life and legacy. Later, I plan to bake cookies and have a mini-feast, as well as writing a few pages of a story I'm working on for a friend. My plushies are also celebrating by having games and story-telling this afternoon. They love to read the books as well. Of course, it takes several of them to hold the pages open while they read, but they don't mind. Sometimes I read to them, too.

Ungatt Trunn

Well, I guess we can be happy! A toast to Brian Jacques, and to Redwall *Raises a beaker of October Ale*

Life is too short to rush through it.

Firehawke

*raises some Strawberry Fizz for the toast* To Brian Jacques, his world, and all the friends that we have made through it.  May Redwall always stand the test of seasons!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Firehawke on February 05, 2014, 07:12:48 PM
*raises some Strawberry Fizz for the toast* To Brian Jacques, his world, and all the friends that we have made through it.  May Redwall always stand the test of seasons!

Hear, hear! Thank you, Brian Jacques, for giving us the wonderful Redwall series!
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

TW

*Clinks glasses with others* Let us remember the words and wisdom of the greatest storyteller of our age, Brian Jacques.

The Introduction from Mariel of Redwall:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb5FVmW8fj4
"In my books there is life and death. Goodies get killed as well as baddies. It's not like Walt Disney where there are singing teapots and we all go over the hill singing bobbidy-bobbidy-boo at the end so goodies get killed as well as baddies." -Brian Jacques

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Russano the Wise on February 05, 2014, 07:25:33 PM
Quote from: Firehawke on February 05, 2014, 07:12:48 PM

Hear, hear! Thank you, Brian Jacques, for giving us the wonderful Redwall series!

Agreed. *Raizez 'iz mug o' Ztravberry Fizz* May Mossflower alvayz remain ze beautiful an' myzteriouz country ve av ken an' love! Vulk elm nahdah'n, Brian Jacques! Zankee for everyzin'!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Gonff the Mousethief

here are some songs to that I know Brian would like! ;)

TO BRIAN!

RREEEDDDWWALLL!!!!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

BrookSkimmer

Cheers to Brian! *raises a glass of strawberry fizz*

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Make zat zree cheerz tae Brian Jacques! *Raizez 'iz mug o' Ztravberry Fizz again* 'IP 'IP 'OORAH! 'IP 'IP 'OORAH! 'IP 'IP 'OORAH!!!

REDWALL!!!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Norham Waterpaw

*clinks glass with nearby dish* I missed the big toast, didn' I?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?