News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Audiobook Appreciation Thread

Started by JangoCoolguy, February 07, 2014, 03:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russano the Wise

I've listened to the Redwall audiobook and really enjoyed it! However, it's to expensive for me to buy anymore of them on my Kindle, and unfortunately my library doesn't have any Redwall audiobooks. 
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Firehawke

You could see if your library takes purchase suggestions, or if they offer Interlibrary Loan services.  I got all of the ones that are available on CD through my library.  I made copies of all of them just because I never know when I want to listen to them (and, when I started doing that, I was working on my thesis and didn't have time to reread that books I focused on multiple times, but I could listen while I worked and walked to and from campus)
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Dawnwing

Quote from: Firehawke on February 12, 2014, 07:02:10 PM
You could see if your library takes purchase suggestions, or if they offer Interlibrary Loan services.  I got all of the ones that are available on CD through my library.  I made copies of all of them just because I never know when I want to listen to them (and, when I started doing that, I was working on my thesis and didn't have time to reread that books I focused on multiple times, but I could listen while I worked and walked to and from campus)

This is what I'm doing, actually.  My inter-library loan service has CD versions.  I'm not sure exactly how legal it is to copy them, but I already own the audiobooks on cassette, so the way I see it is it's just a format I can listen to from my ipod in the car or at the gym when a cassette player isn't accessible.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on February 12, 2014, 04:37:33 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on February 12, 2014, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: JangoCoolguy on February 12, 2014, 01:42:42 AM
Quote from: Firehawke on February 11, 2014, 07:09:58 PM
I love the audiobooks!  I just wish that all of the books had been recorded!  Does anyone know if there are any plans to finish them up???
The real issue is that Brian was the executive producer and with him gone... :'(
But couldn't, like, one of his son's take over as producer?
I don't think any of them really want to. Someone told me that...
Were did you hear that?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Russano the Wise

You could see if your library takes purchase suggestions, or if they offer Interlibrary Loan services.  I got all of the ones that are available on CD through my library.  I made copies of all of them just because I never know when I want to listen to them (and, when I started doing that, I was working on my thesis and didn't have time to reread that books I focused on multiple times, but I could listen while I worked and walked to and from campus)

Yeah, that is something I need to look into at some point. There have been several times when there was a book that I wanted but my library didn't have it.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on February 12, 2014, 07:59:30 PM
I love the audiobooks!  I just wish that all of the books had been recorded!  Does anyone know if there are any plans to finish them up???
The real issue is that Brian was the executive producer and with him gone... :'(
Were did you hear that?
Internet I think.  was reading the Wikepedia on BJ and I think it said that.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on February 12, 2014, 09:41:57 PM
Were did you hear that?
I'll have to check that...

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on February 12, 2014, 11:07:34 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on February 12, 2014, 09:41:57 PM
Were did you hear that?
I'll have to check that...
I'm not even sure if that as the exact spot. I'm sure I saw it somewhere though.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Firehawke

Quote from: Dawnwing on February 12, 2014, 07:37:11 PM
You could see if your library takes purchase suggestions, or if they offer Interlibrary Loan services.  I got all of the ones that are available on CD through my library.  I made copies of all of them just because I never know when I want to listen to them (and, when I started doing that, I was working on my thesis and didn't have time to reread that books I focused on multiple times, but I could listen while I worked and walked to and from campus)

This is what I'm doing, actually.  My inter-library loan service has CD versions.  I'm not sure exactly how legal it is to copy them, but I already own the audiobooks on cassette, so the way I see it is it's just a format I can listen to from my ipod in the car or at the gym when a cassette player isn't accessible.

I think as long as you don't try to sell the copies or post them on-line, it should be okay.  Don't quote me on that, though!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

rachel25

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on February 09, 2014, 09:27:18 PM
What's the website
I don't know the name, but it is an official legal site. My dad had to sign up for the month, and pay a fee. Then he could download any audio book he wants. If it's on the site that is.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: rachel25 on February 15, 2014, 08:10:03 PM
What's the website
I don't know the name, but it is an official legal site. My dad had to sign up for the month, and pay a fee. Then he could download any audio book he wants. If it's on the site that is.
Is it Audible.com?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on February 15, 2014, 08:32:43 PM
Quote from: rachel25 on February 15, 2014, 08:10:03 PM
What's the website
Is it Audible.com?
I'm pretty sure it is.

JangoCoolguy

Inspired to bump by the recent "Rogue Crew on CD" thread :)