News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

You know you have been reading too much Redwall when...

Started by Matthias720, August 07, 2011, 06:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

In this thread you simply post crazy reasons of what happens when you have spent too much time reading Redwall.
(I know, I know. 'Matthias720, there is no such thing as too much Redwall.' Just go with it. ;)

1. You have the urge to go around wearing a green habit.

2. When your conscience speaks to you, it sounds like Martin the Warrior.

3. You make a custom calendar that goes in seasons rather than months.

4. You can write fluently in Royal House of Riftgard Script.

5. You make up reasons to have a feast.

6. You have taken a trip to a quarry, just so you can see what red sandstone really looks like.

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Matthias720

8. You buy a broadsword.

9. You buy a tapestry to go with said broadsword.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

10. You desire to find a high wall so you can take breakfast on top of it
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Trigoma

11. instead of saying "you people" you accidentally say "you beasts"
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Nightfire

Quote from: Matthias720 on August 07, 2011, 06:30:02 PM
In this thread you simply post crazy reasons of what happens when you have spent too much time reading Redwall.
(I know, I know. 'Matthias720, there is no such thing as too much Redwall.' Just go with it. ;)

1. You have the urge to go around wearing a green habit.

2. When your conscience speaks to you, it sounds like Martin the Warrior.

3. You make a custom calendar that goes in seasons rather than months.

4. You can write fluently in Royal House of Riftgard Script.

5. You make up reasons to have a feast.

6. You have taken a trip to a quarry, just so you can see what red sandstone really looks like.

Hey! I do numbers 3 and 4 all the time! Yay! I'm obessed with Redwall! And I have done number 11 before too!

12. You capture squirrels and tape mini bows and arrows to their paws.
13. You desire to find a hollow oak tree so you can live in it and call it Brockhall.
14. Every time you see a cat, you shout "Tsarmina! Why'd you almost kill Martin? Why? WHY?!"
15. Your talking to your friends and you just randomly spout out facts or information about Redwall.
16. You have actually learned the recipe for Strawberry Cordial, and you have made it for yourself many times.
17. You brew October Ale regularly and insist that your family tastes it.
18. You force anyone you meet to read the Redwall books.
19. You beg your parents to let you have a pet fox so you can sew it a mask and call it Slagar.
20. Every time you see a badger you bow to it and say. "Oh! Lord Brocktree! Please forgive my intrusion." and then you back off slowly, praying that it doesn't have a sword with it.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lily

21. You name your stuffed animals after Redwall characters.
22. You make your own recipe for Shrimp an' Hotroot soup and cook it regularly.

Matthias720

23. You insist on being addressed by a Redwall name.

24. You've spent more than 3 full days of you life on this forum, despite its age being only around 3 months old.

25. You've read through the entire series at least a dozen times.

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Nightfire on August 07, 2011, 09:03:57 PM

19. You beg your parents to let you have a pet fox so you can sew it a mask and call it Slagar.

Hmmm...This sounds like me... ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

I do numbers 21, 25, and 24!  ;D

24: Every time you get a cut or burn, you go out into the woods to find a dockleaf.
25: Every time you get angry and do something destructive, you blame it on the Bloodwrath.
26: Every time you see a stoat, you have the sudden urge to kill it because you hate Badrang for what happened to Rose.
27: You actually know what a Wearat looks like.
28: You build yourself a belltower next to your house, and then beg your parents to let you forge a bell for it.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

30. Every time you say, 'Everyone' or 'no one' or 'someone', you think, 'Everybeast' etc.
31. When you pick up a clothes pole or something like that, you hold it like a spear and think 'Redwaaaaalll!'
32. You spend more camera battery on taking pictures of the otters at the zoo than on any other animal.

I've done all of those. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Quote from: Matthias720 on August 08, 2011, 12:52:32 AM
24. You've spent more than 3 full days of you life on this forum, despite its age being only around 3 months old.
Ouch, guilty!

33. You decide to participate in javelin throwing on athletics day because it reminds you of Redwall.

DanielofRedwall

34. You start calling everyone your "matey".
35. You start talking like a hare.
36. You start talking like a mole.
37. You have a sudden urge to solve riddles and go on quests.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

38. You eat instant noodles, and imagine it's shrimp 'n' hotroot soup.
39. When you look up pictures of badgers on the Internet, you say to yourself, 'That one's Lord Brocktree, that one's Cregga Rose Eyes, That one's Lord Rawnblade...
40. When you feel like calling your pet cat Tsarmina, Gingivere, or Kaltag.
41. Whenever you see a mouse, you say, 'Martin the Warrior!'

I actually wrote something that says, '18 sings that you have been reading too much Redwall.' XD
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

42. You spend a lot of time trying to come up with things to add to "You know you have been reading too much Redwall when..."

43. You look at your dinner and start to think what it would look like in Redwall.

44. Your dream house is made of red sandstone, with a red sandstone wall surrounding it.