The Quest For The Black Treasure: RP Thread Chapter one: In the Beginning

Started by rachel25, March 08, 2014, 04:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

Toka was trying to fall asleep again, but his senses just wouldn't let him. He tossed, and turned, moaned, and groaned. "If only I had an off button." He growled, covering his ears.

Gonff the Mousethief

The question dawned on Marshall. He did not know an answer.
''Um, Well marm, i have never killed a beast bafore. I, uh, well, ya see...''
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jetthebinturong

The fight with the adder was long and hard, it was probably incredibly dramatic and exciting however we don't have time to go into it and the entire encounter can be boiled down to "shenanigans". After defeating the adder Kaijo and Misak had to run from a screaming horde of angry primitive vermin who seemed to worship the creature as a god and regularly offered sacrifice to it. They were chased in a south-westerly direction until we find them now, on the edge of a wide river surrounded by vermin.

A weasel launched himself at Kaijo, the caracal dodged back and speared him through the heart with his sword, lifting him into the air and slinging his carcass into the river to be swept away. Misak fired off a crossbow bolt, taking a rat through the stomach as she sliced open the throat of another with her dirk. A fox with a flail swung at Kaijo who leaped to the side and slashed through the chain, unwittingly knocking Misak into the river. The lynx shouted a stream of curses at her husband and flailed wildly as she was swept downstream. Quite by chance she managed to catch hold of the roots of a fallen tree which stretched out over a river.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

rachel25

OOC: Willtruth could you please post so I can use Perry?

Cornflower MM

OOC: Jet, that was incredibly funny! Seriously. Read over it! The first paragragh especially.....

BIC: Anise. gulped, "You're still a fox! How do I know you won't murder us all in our beds?" She asked, for she wasn't courageous; Quite the contrary. It was amazing that she'd stood there for that long already, even if her kjnees were knocking so loudly she was sure the fox could hear them. "C-c=ome in then...Would you mind terribly if I locked you in the gatehouse while I go get the Abbess/Abbot?" She asked.

OOC: Is anyone playing Abbess/Abbot? Please let me know.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

rachel25

OOC: @Jett it was funny,
@Cornflower, no one is playing the Abbot/Abbess.
I Will doesn't post soon I'm gonna have to go on without him. We all need to get to the Abbey pronto. The proper quest hasn't even started yet.  ::)

Gonff the Mousethief

''Sure marm, that would be preciated!''
Marshall did not like them having to lock him up.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

"Th-Th-thank you!" Anise said, then went over to her gatehouse and opened the door, so that the fox could go in. "I'm sorry.....It's just most vermin are well, not very nice in Mossflower." She apologized, then she said as an after thought, "Please try not to harm anything."

Unimaginative

Quote from: Cornflower MM on April 18, 2014, 07:30:54 PM
Arya finally found the sense to swallow a few times, and then gasped in a lung full of air, relieved. "Yes....This is going to be a bad one." Arya agreed, then started making a snow cave. It was their best bet at the moment, since building a shelter out of branches would take too long.

"Hang on, that might take to long," Said Tauten, watching Arya built the snow cave. "I saw some caves on my way here, and they'll provide great shelter." he continued, then started walking towards the caves he'd seen.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Cornflower MM

"Okay." She agreed, then started following him.

rachel25

Toka was laying there, when he suddenly remembered Arnath. She probably would have found cover, and anyway. He wouldn't have been able to pull her up here. And he didn't want her up here, he never asked for her help, she could go o what she wanted, that was her business. 

rachel25

OOC: Yes, I know this is a double post, but I'd just like to suggest something to the people at the Abbey. I was thinking that maybe there could be clues, and other riddles at the Abbey itself. And that the people who's characters are there, could begin finding them.

Cornflower MM

Gonff the Mousethief

The gatehouse was not very pleasant. It was too dusty for Marshall's liking. But it was better than freezing for the night. He found a small cot and wrapped himself up. What was he going to do now!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.