News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Adventures of Richard: The Mustelian War (An RP With Magic)

Started by Jetthebinturong, March 10, 2014, 08:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

In a continent far away from Mossflower and anywhere else mentioned in any RP ever there is a war. The king of Mustela, the largest country in the land has turned his attention to imperial expansion. The rest of the land soon fell, leaving only the Northlands and the fabled city of Kethenecia free from the rule of the empire.

Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Lord of the Black, Emperor of the Undead and Mayor of the Little Village on the Coast is uninterested in this war but it has caused some inconveniences for him so what the hell. He joins forces with a troll cleric, an elven archer and dual wielder of swords and a minotaur warrior to recover the ancient relic, the Spear of Destiny to get the king of Mustela off their backs. Will they succeed or will they do some good and join the resistance in the Northlands? Only time will tell.

Tribes of the Northlands
Minotaur tribe-Warriors led by a single chieftain, the warriors obey the chieftain unquestioningly
The Sisters-Elven Witches ruled by the Matron Bloodrobe (Elves can be mice, squirrels and animals not mentioned in Redwall however they must be approved by me)
The Sons of Exile-Elven warriors and mages, they also follow the commands of the Matron Bloodrobe
The Trolls-Warriors led by a single chieftain, Trolls are actually quite intelligent mostly (Trolls can be Rats, Badgers, Bears and Wolverines)
The Gnomes-Small people led by a council or parliament (Moles or Shrews or animals not mentioned in Redwall however these must be approved by me)

Other
The Mustelan elves-ruled by the Nilgiri Marten Temet Aeloon (Any type of mustelid except badgers (Honey badgers and other Ratels are fine though))
Richard's undead citizens-A group of undead living in the small coastal town of Pretty, Pretty Unicorn they are ruled by the mouse Maikos during Richard's absence (They can be any species)
The Dragons- Smaller than one imagines dragons to be normally, they can have any alignment
Miscellaneous Elves (Still the same species as the Sisters and Sons)
Miscellaneous Minotaurs
Miscellaneous Trolls
Miscellaneous Gnomes
Ogres (Rats and any other non-Redwall species however these have to be approved by me)
Humans (Like you would in any other rp, these are default and can be any animal including all those mentioned above)
Beasts of the wild-mythological creatures, non-sentient in mythology, must be controlled
Imps

Character Sheet
Name:
Title(s) (If applicable):
Mythological species (if applicable):
Normal species (If applicable which it is not in the case of minotaurs, dragons or beasts of the wild):
Appearance (If you are an ogre rat, you would have ogre features, describe what they are):
Clothing:
Weapons:
Majyks (If applicable):
Personality:
History:
Other:

My characters
Name: Richard
Title(s) (If applicable): Chief Warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Lord of the Black, Emperor of the Undead and Mayor of the Little Village on the Coast
Mythological species (if applicable): Undead
Normal species (If applicable which it is not in the case of minotaurs, dragons or beasts of the wild): ???
Appearance (If you are an ogre rat, you would have ogre features, describe what they are): Grey skin, yellow eyes, green scars above and below right eye, this is all that is known
Clothing:
Spoiler
[close]
Weapons: Knife, fork of truth, bear arms, knife of lies, spork of condescension, shovel
Majyks (If applicable): Fire, Ice, corporeal thoughts, invincibility (not invulnerability)
Personality: Richard leads a life of semi-restrained murder that includes burning down orphanages and killing wild creatures by incinerating them with magic. He willingly causes destruction without any provocation. He is manipulative, powerful, physically strong, exceedingly evil and childish. Richard also has the capacity to perform uncharacteristically good deeds, but has to look around to make sure no one is watching.
History: Unknown
Other: He owns and rides a pet

Name: Gaiztoak
Title(s) (If applicable): Beast of the Dark One, King of the Wolfkin, Servant of the Greater Power (All of these were bestowed by Richard
Mythological species (if applicable): Barghest
Normal species (If applicable which it is not in the case of minotaurs): N/A
Appearance (If you are an ogre rat, you would have ogre features, describe what they are): About the scale a wolf is to a human, he is to richard
Spoiler
[close]
Clothing: Occasionally wears ankle guards, helmet and back armour of a black metal
Weapons: Natural defenses
Majyks (If applicable): N/A
Personality: Gaiz is first and foremost an animal, a primal being which never lost its tendencies to kill, he is however sentient and able to speak. Murder is his primary source of entertainment, this complements Richard well
Other: He is the mount and servant of Richard

Name: Ximoz
Title(s) (If applicable): The Watcher, The Observer, The Hidden, The Unseen, The White
Mythological species (if applicable): Dragon
Normal species (If applicable which it is not in the case of minotaurs, dragons or beasts of the wild): N/A
Appearance (If you are an ogre rat, you would have ogre features, describe what they are): Ximoz' scales are pure white and his eyes are a swirling void of Grey
Clothing: None
Weapons: Natural Defenses
Pesonality: Ximoz is quiet, he does not act, he only observes. He makes note of the things that he has seen, thus it shall be until the end of time
Other: One of the original eight dragons and first living things after the age of the elementals, they are known as the "first ones" and each have unique personalities and abilities

First One Colours
White-Grey eyes (The Watcher-His job is to watch those that live and to note it down for another to transcribe, thus it shall be until the end of time)
Red-Yellow eyes (The Helper-His job is to help those that live, thus it shall be until the end of time)
Green-Black eyes (The Life-Giver-His job is to breathe life into the land, he created those that live and shall still create more species, thus it shall be until the end of time)
Yellow-Red eyes (The Hinderer-His job is to hinder the development of the world so that it will challenge those that live to survive, thus it shall be until the end of time)
Purple-Blue eyes (The Soul-Reaper-His job is to take the souls of the fallen to the afterlife for another to guard over them for eternity, thus it shall be until the end of time)
Grey-White eyes (The Chronicler-His job is to transcribe everything that the Watcher sees as a guide for those that live, thus it shall be until the end of time)
Blue-Purple eyes (The Guardian-His job is to guard over the souls of the fallen to await the day when they shall come again, thus it will be until the end of time)
Black-Green eyes-(The Destroyer-His job is to challenge the Life-Giver's authority, to extinguish life, he is the spirit that lives in the hearts of the evil, the spirit that guides our weapons, thus it shall be until the end of time)

To start we need the three who are mentioned to be Richard's companions and some kind of villain, be it Mustelan Elves or Miscellaneous Bandits. Richard's group may later extend beyond the three mentioned here
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Ooops. I forgot to do mine also. :P Thanks, Rose! ;) Oh, I'm stealing your app format. ;D

Name: Nargon
Title: Nargon Iron-fisted
Species: Bear Troll (?)
Appearance: About six and a half feet tall; broad shoulders, thick neck. Orange eyes, dark-gray fur.
Majyk: Great strength, being a troll.
Clothing: Occasionally will wear armor, when available.
Weapon: Black iron mace
Personality: Kind to innocent creatures, trustful, rather quiet. If angered, though, will show his full great powerful strength.
History: Part of the special branch of the Troll-Warriors tribe
Favorite quote: Meddle not in the affairs of trolls, for you are squishy and easy to step on.

Okay, Jet. I've redone it again. Please tell me how I need to change it if I do need to.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Please use this app format:
Name:
Title(s) (If applicable):
Mythological species (if applicable):
Normal species (If applicable which it is not in the case of minotaurs, dragons or beasts of the wild):
Appearance (If you are an ogre rat, you would have ogre features, describe what they are):
Clothing:
Weapons:
Majyks (If applicable):
Personality:
History:
Other:

I might add a favourite sayings section

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

It is still not the correct format, it does not appear that you have read the OP which is an important part (Stone Trolls do not exist etc. etc.)

The Skarzs

Thought you said trolls can be badgers, bears, etc., not have to be. :P
Trying again.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Ha good one :D. Can be means you select out of the list, maybe I need to make that clearer

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Unimaginative

Name: Bjarte Joakimson
Title(s) (If applicable): Light Troll, Fierce Thinker, Bjarte of Kargonolf (The town he is from.)
Mythological species (if applicable): Troll
Normal species (If applicable which it is not in the case of minotaurs, dragons or beasts of the wild): Badger
Appearance (If you are an ogre rat, you would have ogre features, describe what they are): He is small for a badger, but strong as an average beast. His black fur is a little more grey, and his white fur a little more yellow. His eyes are a dark, almost black grey, with flecks of gold. He has a little patch of fut on the top of his head that always sticks up.
Clothing: A dark green tunic over a dark purple shirt. Brown trousers, with a thick black cloth belt over them.
Weapons: A trident. It is goldish-bronze in color, and ends in a pommel shaped like the head of a badger.
Majyks (If applicable): His cunning, and the strength of a badger.
Personality: Bjarte is very dark, and always looks at the dark side of life. (Monty Python reference, much?) How ever, he knows that odds are the thing he thinks will happen probably won't happen, and really only does it to annoy his companions. Bjarte is quite witty, and always has a comeback at hand.
History: He hails from the trollish town of Kargonolf, where he lived for twenty seasons. Then he set off to explore the world.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

BlueRose

Name: Karybda Fyrewhyte
Title(s) (If applicable): She likes to call herself 'The Great Whyte'
Mythological species (if applicable): Pisuhand dragon, only a bit adapted to fit what I like as far as dragons. (description here: http://www.blackdrago.com/species/puk.htm )
Normal species (If applicable which it is not in the case of minotaurs, dragons or beasts of the wild): Draaagooonnnn......
Age: Nobody knows. Karybdis doesn't like her age revealed.
Appearance (If you are an ogre rat, you would have ogre features, describe what they are): Karybda is larger than most of her species, due to the slight changes made by her narrator to her form. She is four feet long, and her scales are a smoky black. Her eyes are iridescent and seem to whirl gently if stared at. Her tail has a feathered, pearly-white end.
Clothing: She's a dragon. Scalez. However, she does wear a fluffy black scarf on occasion.
Weapons: See 'Majyks'
Majyks (If applicable): She's a dragon. She breathes fire. She also shapeshifts into a cat on an irregular basis.
Personality: Karybda is easily angered, but a really nice individual to have as a friend. Just don't push her buttons. She likes to think of herself as 'mysterious'. Karybda is a hopeless romantic, and she makes up stories about herself.
History: The Great Whyte's history is shrouded in mystery. Honestly, she had a really extremely boring and normal life. That's strange for a dragon, so she makes stuff up.
Other: Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Her favorite phrase is "I'm The Great Whyte. That's what I do."

TADA!!!!!!
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Jetthebinturong

All accepted

Han, cunning and strength aren't really majyks

The name Karybda based on Charybdis?

BlueRose

Possibly. I thought it sounded cool.

In fact, Charybdis has always been one of my favorite mythological names. It's so pretty sounding. Karybda doesn't roll off the tongue as well, but it still sounds cool.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Jetthebinturong

@Everyone: What are you intending the roles of your characters to be?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Name: Dulac
Title(s) (If applicable): None; Mr. (Ah guezz..?)
Mythological species (if applicable): Ogre
Normal species (If applicable which it is not in the case of minotaurs, dragons or beasts of the wild): Some form of Lizard
Spoiler

Pretty much loike ziz.
[close]
Clothing: A rough wood-brown tunic with darkish-blue trousers
Weapons: None (His bare paws/hands)
Majyks (If applicable): A bit resistant to magic (Not completely resistant, just a bit resistant-Such as, a spell that would send a regular beast flying would just cause him to stumble backwards)
Personality:Quiet, keeps mostly to himself; often gets slightly irritated at the regular-folk and their ways
History: A wanderer; he just travels from place to place, wherever the food migrates
Other: Unas!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jetthebinturong

Just put his normal species as lizard or something, he needs one of both as he is an ogre