News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Revolution at Arkswood

Started by Norham Waterpaw, March 27, 2014, 01:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

It's me again, the bane of all Roleplays. I have yet again decided to humiliate myself by making another RP that will most-likely die within a few days. Anyways, might as well try.  ;D

Reasons why this could be a cool RP:

-It's Steampunk
-You fight machines in glorious combat
-I might give you a cookie.

Do not join if you can't post or will be inactive for more than a week.
If necessary, please contact (pm) me.

Just throwing that out there, because three of the guys that joined my last RP dropped out and went inactive (Thusly, it died.)

Well, for those of you who have read my short story (which. . . may not be finished.) you know the back-story for this, and for those of you who don't;

Arkswood is a thriving city, then bam! Machines bust in and take over. They make it a heavily industrialized slave town, manufacturing more machines daily.

Your job is to retake your once beautiful city.

To join the Revolution just follow the instructions below:

Name:
Species: (It can be Woodlander, or "Vermin" races. You're all on the same side anyways in my story.)
Physical Description: (This includes clothing, armor, etc.)
Class: (Choose from: Ambassador, Gaurd, Slave, Engineer, Rebel)
Weapon: (This depends on your class. I.e: Gaurds would have a rifle, Slaves might have a wrench)
History:

If you have any questions, (which you will) feel free to ask.  ;D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

W0NWILL

Ah, this brings me back to mechanical kangaroos...

While I'm not as active as I have been in the past, I'm sure I'll be able to keep up! Gimme a sec while I make a character or two. Oh, and just a question. Was I one of the three people who dropped out? I can never remember. If so, I'm sorry.

Norham Waterpaw

No, it was mainly Han, And Shadefur. The only reason Faiy dropped out is because everyone else did.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

W0NWILL

Okay, that's great. I got a terrible memory for everything except the unimportant stuff. :P I often just forget about RPs. Together, I bet we could slaughter every RP on the forum.

Name: Mikkael
Species: Vole
Physical appearance: Mikkael is a pretty average-looking vole, not out of the ordinary, nor particularly handsome. He's the sort of face to blend into the crowd. He speaks in a posh way unlike most voles, and holds himself as higher than the common folk. He is wearing the rags of a nice white shirt, brown pants, and a blue hat, what he was wearing when the machines took over and forced him into slavery.
Class: Slave/Rebel(starts as slave, slowly joins rebels)
Weapon: N/A, might acquire some in the course of the RP, but will only use them a short while.
History: Mikkael was born into the higher class, and believed himself more important than most of the other beasts. He still does, albeit he's been taken down a notch, what with slavery and all. He lived in Arkswood most of his life, and would love to see it free again.

Jetthebinturong

I've become obsessed with this character, please forgive me!

Name: David Strider
Species: Cat (not wildcat)
Physical Description: Dave has pale blond fur and red eyes which he conceals under a some aviator shades. He wears a red suit jacket with coat-tails, black trousers and shirt. He wears a white bow-tie. He has a bright red gear pin with a gold outline in the lapel of his jacket. He wears two belts crossed over his chest when fighting.
Class: Rebel
Weapon: David has two katanas, one straighter and longer than the other. He is also an adept martial artist and can wield his blades incredibly proficiently thanks to the insistence of his brother.
History: David lived with his brother until he was 13. Dave's brother insisted on training him to fight, often ambushing him at inopportune moments to encourage him to keep his guard up at all times. When David was thirteen, his brother was killed by machines, this incident also somehow caused Dave to go mute. Dave took his fallen brother's katana and ran away, he recently joined up with the rebels.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Norham Waterpaw

Unimaginative

Ouch. The reason I stopped was because everyone else did. I even have the last active post on your last one.

Name: Severin Tormond-Vinter
Species: Low-Land Tenerec. (Last Steampunk didn't survive, and I loved this character.)
Physical Description: He wears a Top Hat, with goggles on them. His yellowish spikes poke out of the bottom of his Top Hat. He wears a velvet tail-coat of a dark purple over a white silk shirt with ruffles around the neck. His pants are black, though still velvet, and his shoes are boots that reach up to about the middle of his Shin.
Class: Ambassador.
Weapon: Despite not needing it, he uses an ornate walking stick, with a ravens head carved in gold on the top. The reason this Walking Stick is in the weapons category is because it could be used as a mace, and the staff can be turned into a sword through a complicated procedure of twisting and pushing.
History: He was sent as an ambassador from a nearby city. Severin arrived just before the machines took over, and was able to establish himself into a position of power. One the machines invaded, he was allowed to remain as an Ambassador, with a job description of "Try and get them to attack someone else, so they don't kill us." from his superiors.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Norham Waterpaw

Can I give an oops? Sorry, didn't realize Han. -_-

Accepted!

The Shade

Name: Skoda Icefur (I'm terrible with names.  ::) )
Species: Ermine
Physical description: Average sized, well-built muscle structure. Wears black tunic, black trousers, black boots, black gloves, in contrast to his white fur. Startling blue eyes, scar over left one.
Weapon: Two powerful magnetic gauntlets able to control magnetic metal in midair. Sometimes a pistol.
History: The main reason Skoda joined the rebels was for revenge; His father and mother were killed in an "accident" following the rise of machines. He vowed for revenge, setting out to help clear the city of them.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Jetthebinturong

I changed David's appearance to suit the Steampunk setting more
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Shade

Are jetpacks allowed, or are they too advanced?
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Norham Waterpaw

Um, well it depends. How long do you plan to fly with said Jetpack? It it a short thrust for jumping, or more of a sustained flight?

Norham Waterpaw

Dannflor

Name: Venya
Species: Squirrel
Physical Description: White Squirrel with black paw's.
Weapon: Two Katana's strapped to her back
History: Keep's to herself.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Norham Waterpaw

Accepted! Can we get one more?  ;D