A Computer Game Idea. (Help wanted)

Started by Faiyloe, April 05, 2014, 01:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Yes welcome I'll put you on the list.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rusvul

Oh- On the topic of resolution. Um, you'd want your game resolution to be a setting- Most games have resolutions all the way from like 800x600 all the way up to, idk, 1920x1080? I'm not exactly sure, but there's not a lot of people who wouldn't be frustrated by a game set permenantly in 800x600.

Faiyloe

800x600 is the highest It can get... For some reason the program I am using wont let me get any higher without a problem.

Romsca

So would that mean the backgrounds would be 600 pixels high but much, much wider so you can go left and right?

Rusvul

Hmm. That's rather odd. Is that your computer's native resolution?

Faiyloe

No its not... which is odd. I don't know why it wont work...  :P

Edraithel

I could probably help with the music I play piano and flute, I just can't compose anything to complicated. I can write songs or poems too.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Blaggut

Few questions.

How long are these levels?

Are they multiple paths or shoot-your-way-to-the-door?

Are the keys protected by bosses? (Which wud be awesome)
~Just a soft space boi~

Faiyloe

Yes you would have to win a boss battle to get the keys as for the level length I am unsure but I want it to be rather long. I Am unsure what you mean by that last question.

And thanks Edraithet that would be great.

Edraithel

Any examples of music that are similar to what you want?
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Romsca

Keys being protected by bosses means you have to kill the boss to get the key to move on

Faiyloe

Romsca

Now do you want this game to have a light-hearted, Mario-like feel? Or a darker, more Harry Potter-like feel? Because that would change the was I did the backgrounds significantly

The Mask

I'll help with the lore in my free time. I don't know much about computer game designing though,will that be a problem?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Blaggut

Quote from: Faiyloe on June 03, 2014, 03:23:04 AM
Yes you would have to win a boss battle to get the keys as for the level length I am unsure but I want it to be rather long. I Am unsure what you mean by that last question.

And thanks Edraithet that would be great.

I mean, will you be able to leave the main path and do side quests, or will you have to get your way to the end like most sidescrollers.
~Just a soft space boi~