News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Favourite Redwall Covers?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 10, 2011, 12:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

The artwork in redwall is great. I love how the animals are portrayed as real instead of like being drawn cartoony.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Skipper

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 10, 2011, 12:57:02 PM
What are you favourite covers of Redwall? Any cover at all! Here are mine:

and

I love those covers and i have all the ones quoted apart from the last one

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lido

Let's be brutally honest with ourselves: sometimes the things, and even the people that we love, we love not so much for who they are as for the memories connected with them. The first (and only) copy of Redwall I read was a cheap, 10th anniversary edition printed by Ace Books, with a purple border, a miniature Asmodeus twined in the Laterose and some morning-glories, Cluny with a patch over the wrong eye, and Matthias bravely wielding Martin's sword against a backdrop my favorite shade of yellow (used on another one of my other favorite book covers as well). Though I own several other, and, in the eyes of the world, better looking copies, none of them mean half as much to me as that one, because none of them can take me back to that first reading, in those hot, glorious days of burgeoning summer, like that one does, nor can they relive the magic nor tell the tale as well as he can. And so, every summer, when I reread Redwall, he is the one I read, and he is, and always will be, the most beautiful.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Lido on June 14, 2012, 11:49:49 PM
Let's be brutally honest with ourselves: sometimes the things, and even the people that we love, we love not so much for who they are as for the memories connected with them. The first (and only) copy of Redwall I read was a cheap, 10th anniversary edition printed by Ace Books, with a purple border, a miniature Asmodeus twined in the Laterose and some morning-glories, Cluny with a patch over the wrong eye, and Matthias bravely wielding Martin's sword against a backdrop my favorite shade of yellow (used on another one of my other favorite book covers as well). Though I own several other, and, in the eyes of the world, better looking copies, none of them mean half as much to me as that one, because none of them can take me back to that first reading, in those hot, glorious days of burgeoning summer, like that one does, nor can they relive the magic nor tell the tale as well as he can. And so, every summer, when I reread Redwall, he is the one I read, and he is, and always will be, the most beautiful.
I wholeheartedly agree.  It also doesn't matter what the cover looks like, it's what the book says that matters.  Literally, don't judge a book by its cover.
I think the first copy of Redwall I read may have been the same version you had!
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Rainshadow

I've always liked the Pearls of Lutra US cover.

Mod edit: Fixed the image tags.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Capn Greypatch

Oh boy, there are so many great covers...the artwork is really well done, and I agree with the one person who said they were glad the animals weren't made cartoony.

My 2 favourite covers would have to be the original front of Mossflower and Redwall.  I dunno why, but when I look at the 2 covers I'm awed...if that makes sense.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Redwallfan7

Thanks for agreeing, I was the one who said that  :)

Leatho Shellhound

well these are the book covers I have......

But this is my favourite cover
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

Romsca

HOW DID YOU GET THESE?? THESE ARE SO COOL!
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 26, 2012, 08:46:10 PM
well these are the book covers I have......

Tam and Martin

You have the Sable Quean in the small version! When artin had her birthday, we got her the last four Redwall books but we couldn't find that one in thet version!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Romsca

It's too bad Romsca's not on the cover of any of the versions of Pearls of Lutra

321tumbler

Now I understand what all the profile pictures are from.

Leatho Shellhound

Yep...I sent Romsca a pm with all of them.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner