News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Nearest book to you game

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 13, 2011, 01:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRocktree

The closest book to me happens to be my mom's Amish love mystery book thingy.....  :-\
And page 56 page 5 reads... "They talked about there near future and how lovely it would be for Marcus to marry Katrina"  ??? :-\
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Jukka the Sling

Revive!

The nearest book to me is Always Inventing: A Photobiography of Alexander Graham Bell by Tom L. Matthews. Page 56, line 5 reads: "Grosvenor became part of the family when he and Elsie Bell ..."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

The nearest book to me is Beowulf translated by Seamus Heaney. Line 5 of page 56 reads: "Ferdon folc-togan feorran ond nean".

That was on one of the Old English pages.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Mhera

Line 5, page 56 of What if? by Randall Munroe: "Before it can burn its way through the floor, someone throws a water balloon..."

Skyblade

Yes, thank you for reviving this thread!! ;D

The closest book to me is Grimm's Fairy Tales by Jakob and Wilhelm Grimm. Page 56 line 5 says:

be turned into stone from his heart to his knee."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jetthebinturong

My book is a bindup of Farmer Giles of Ham and The Adventures of Tom Bombadil by J.R.R Tolkien which is a weird choice of things to make a bindup of as one is a novella and one is a collection of poems but whatever. Page 56, line 5 reads:
"[On the] third day they descried in the distance the dim and in-[hospitable mountains]"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Page 56, line 5 of Dragon Age: Asunder is:

"[Rhys] raised a hand to urge her to keep her voice down, but she knocked [it out of the way]."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Wot, wot!

:) the nearest book to me is Pearls of Lutra...page 56 line 5 is "Bladetail looked at her blankly. I don't see 'ow that could help us."
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Søren

I giant dictionary that is 5-inches thick.

I'm retired from the forum

Blaggut

The nearest book to me is Cartoons Of World War Two, on Page 56 is a cartoon of two men discussing the "silly jokes about the blackout" and heading towards a pit. In the box below it upon the fifth line...:

...cartoon (above) is a Referance to...
~Just a soft space boi~

Banya

The nearest book to me is my textbook on American Immigration, titled Origins and Destinies: Immigration, Race, and Ethnicity in America.  It's full of intriguing essays, and the author is my professor.  Page 56 (and 57 too) is/are taken up by a map of America with outlines of Native American land.  Okay, this is really interesting. 

SilentSam

The Constitution of the Confederate STates of America. :D
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Søren

Jukka the Sling

^ You need to put what page 56, line 5 is.

The nearest book to me is Horrible Histories: Cut-Throat Celts by Terry Deary. Page 56, line 5 reads: ["She will urge you to fight and promise that you will win... trouble is, she'll be] saying exactly the same thing to the other side! Will you [recognize the Morrigan?"]

(Stuff in brackets are the surrounding sentences to provide context.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

It's two columns, so I'll put in what's on the left column.
Page 56, line 5.
"Father to the land that I will show
Line 6:[you]." Then verse 2.