Main Menu

recipes

Started by rakkety tam, August 13, 2011, 11:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkety tam

just post recipes it can be from redwall or not it doesnt matter hears a recipe

Otter's Hotroot Soup
Ten Pawfuls Paprika
Three Pawfuls Ground Pepper (or Peppercorns)
Three green onions (diced)
Two cups Pure spring water
One clove elephant garlic (diced)(optional)
1 pawfull Chili powder
One cup Freshwater Shrimp
Mix water, pepper and paprika together and heat it for 5 minues at the lowest possible temprature. Slowly add green oinions, shrimp and garlic. Slow boil it and let it cool for 1 minute. Add chili powder and enjoy. Vary the amount of pepper depending on how spicy a soup you want. Very good but spicy!

i'm making it now for my supper
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Gonff

Oh, I was thinking about starting a topic like this, I'll be sure to post some of my favorite recipes tomorrow.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

rakkety tam

awsome i love cooking so this is a way to express myself i guess

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

rakkety tam

i just finished the otter hotroot soup its very spicy like whoa my mouth is on fire but its good

Nightfire

Strawberry Cordial

20 fresh strawberries.
1 cup sugar.
1 spoon.
1 refrigerator.
1 cup.

Squeeze the strawberries out into the cup. Add sugar. Mix together thoroughly with the spoon. Put in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Take out of the refrigerator. Drink to your heart's content.

(At least, that's my recipe for it! :D)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

rakkety tam

cool recipe when i get a frig i'll make it lol

Gonff

I don't really have any Redwall recipes, but here's a cookie recipe I made just the other day:

No Bake Cookies

6 c. Sugar
3/4 c. Butter
1 1/2 c. milk
9 T cocoa
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
9 c. oatmeal

Combine melt butter in large saucepan. Add sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa. Boil hard for 3 min. Take off heat. Add peanut butter and stir until the peanut butter is melted. Stir in vanilla and oatmeal. Pour into a pan. (It doesn't really matter if it's glass or plastic, or how big it is. You might have to use two pans if you don't want really think cookies.) Let sit until firm. Enjoy!

Their better if you eat them while their still warm!
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

rakkety tam

sounds great my mom has a similer recipe

Skalrag of Marshank

Oh, I LOVE no bakes!! ;D Once my mom made these no bake cookies, with peanut butter and fudge...Ohhhhh they were sooooo good...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lily

No bake cookies are great for me, my oven is kind of unpredictable. I'll have to try those, Gonff!

rakkety tam

ok i just made this and its my recipe and its awsome

what you need

1 apple
half a cup of oats
5 tablespoons of butter
cinniman how ever much u want
1 tablespoon of suger
1 tablespoon of brown suger
1 tablespoon of oil

ok dice the apple into small peices. then put the half a cup of oats in a bowl with the brown sugar and cinniman. then put the oil into a pan and turn on stove to heat. then put 3 tablespoons of butter into the pan and the diced apple while cooking add the sugar and your cinnamon cook until brown then take the diced apple out of the pan and put into the bowl of oats cinnamon and brown sugar then quickly put the remaining butter into the pan and melt it once melted pour over bowl of oats aNDdiced apples. enjoy. serves 1.

ok hope u guys like it i did

rakkety tam

realy i figured this thread would be a hit considering all the yummy food redwall talks about come on u know you have recipes........................ANd i just double posted didnt i

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Nightfire

I want the recipe for October Ale. And I'm sure that the recipe for it in the cookbook is NOT how they make it in Redwall.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung The Otter

Otter's Hotroot Soup
Water
Baby Shrimp
2 Leeks
1 onion
2 Cloves Garlic
Horseradish sauce
1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
Pepper
Salt
Handful Coriander
3 cubes OXO vegetable stock
Pinch Grated Nutmeg
Butter/ Oil
Method:-

1. Chop up leeks onions, coriander and garlic
2. Prepare stock.
3.Heat the oil in a large pot.
4. Fry leeks and onions until soft.
5. Add all other ingredients except shrimp.
6. Bring to the boil and simmer for an hour.
7. When you have cooked the soup for 45 minutes, fry shrimp in a separate pan
8. Add seasoning to the soup to taste.
9. Liquidize soup to make it creamy.
10. Add shrimp, and serve with croutons.

Ringleader Gonfflet's Secret Recipe for Candied Nuts
Ingredients:

sugar
honey
nuts (any kind though any self-respecting Redwaller would use chestnuts)
Coat the nuts in honey, and roll in sugar. ./
Leave to dry in a cupboard for a day or two

Woodland Salad                                     

washed woodsorrel
dandelion leaves (optional cos they're very bitter !)   
1 apple
wild garlic
spring onions
Method: dice the apple and walnuts , chop the garlic and spring onions, toss it.   a.
Dressing: Mix together half teaspoon honey ,white wine vinegar ,oil and lemon.

Badger tall cake

Ingredients:

2 buckets of batter
2 handfuls of sugar balls candied chestnuts ect.(optional)(more handfuls if
not badger)
half bucket of honey
as much icing as you want (you may have a sugar tooth)

Instructions:
Make batter into 3 layers (one bigger than the next.) While doing this, mix
one handful of the toppings & the honey in the batter. When done, put the icing on. Last, but not least, put the second handful of toppings on.Finally enjoy!

Sugar Balls

Ingredients:   3 pawfuls of sugar. 1/2 bucket of honey   Instructions:   Roll the sugar around in the honey until it makes circular pieces.  Put them on a tray and cook them. In the end, they are good sweets just like candied chestnuts

Shrew Beer

INGREDIENTS
Root Beer
1 tsp. whipped cream
2 tsp. of sugar
1 scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional)
1 tsp. of lemon juice
a little chocolate syrup

Pour the root beer in a cup and put in the sugar, lemon juice, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup (as much as you want but not too much). Then mix it all together for 1 minute. This tastes really good with ice cream and if want to, you can mix in a scoop of vanilla with the rest of the stuff, but mix it for 3-5 minutes. This tastes sort of like a root beer float.

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D