News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Bastille! (The band, not the day!)

Started by Dag Downyfur, May 17, 2014, 02:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dag Downyfur

Anyone else here like the band Bastille?
My favourite song by them is "The Draw" but I like all of their songs!! They're really amazing.
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Edraithel

I love them! Especially their song overjoyed and icarus.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Dannflower Reguba

These are the guys who do "Pompeii," right? If so, I' pretty sure that's the only song of theirs that I heard, it was good though.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Edraithel

"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

BlueRose

I've only heard Pompeii and Bad Blood, but I love them!
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Dag Downyfur

Yes, they are the ones who sang "Pompeii", that's their most well-known song.
You should look up some of their other songs, they're even better, at least in my opinion :D
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

BlueRose

I will!

I've actually only recently gotten into American pop music... I mean, I've liked Owl City and Blind Pilot for a year or so now, but then I heard Pompeii on the radio one day, and then I started listening to the radio almost all the time to hear it again (because back then, I didn't know what it was called). Now I listen to more American pop than Korean pop. :)

Bastille did a number on my music preferences. :P
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Rusvul

...I was going to make a dancing joke, but my complete lack of knowledge is inhibiting me here.

BlueRose

Romsca

I'm trying to remember if I started a topic like this since I started listening to them last September before their first album even came out...

Edit: No I didn't, I've just mentioned them before. I've heard all of their songs except for the remixes

Do you know why the band is called Bastille?

Spoiler
The lead signer Dan Smith's birthday is on Bastille Day (July 14)
[close]

They're having a concert sometime soon near me (I'm not going to when or where) but I don't think I'll be able to go because I'm busy then and my mom doesn't really like their music (she thinks their music is too depressing)

My favorite song is probably... I don't know, I like all of them. I really like the violin part of "Oblivion", though

Dag Downyfur

Yes, I know why their name is Bastille. XD
And I never really thought their music was depressing, weird.
(And I see from your profile picture that you like Imagine Dragons, too..they're my other favourite band ;D It seems we have similar music preferences.)

Romsca

Do you like folk music? Because I really like that too.

I wonder if/when Imagine Dragons will release a new album. It would be a shame if they didn't. I don't think Bastille will release another album soon, though, since All This Bad Blood just came out in... February, I think? in the US

Edit: I just read this post and realized how short and choppy my sentences are. I must be really tired

Dag Downyfur

I haven't really listened to much folk music, but I'd be open to giving it a try. Do you have any suggestions as to bands and such?

I hope Imagine Dragons releases a new album soon. I know they have a song for some Transformers movie..I don't know which one; I haven't really watched those movies. The song is called "Battle Cry" and it's pretty good- though I've only listened to it once.
And they just finished a tour, didn't they? Maybe they'll start working on new songs now that they don't have that to worry about; I certainly hope so!

Romsca

Of Monsters and Men and The Lumineers ;D

I think I heard a rumor about a new Imagine Dragons album coming soon! :D
I don't know when though

Dag Downyfur

Ooh, I have listened to some songs from Of Monsters and Men. And I know one song by the Lumineers. I'll have take a look at some of the others.

ALSO

TODAY IS BASTILLE DAY
AND DAN'S BIRTHDAY
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YAY

Dan is the lead singer of Bastille, for those who didn't know..