Trying to find French edition of Loamhedge

Started by Sailears, May 19, 2014, 12:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailears

Can't seem to find any place to buy online - la dita bookshop doesn't seem to have it either. Only seen one option on amazon marketplace for around £50 which is far too expensive.

Sorry, I should clarify - trying to find "Le Secret de Loumèges" and buy as a gift for a friend's daughter on the continent, who only speaks french. I'm in London, so no option of going to a bookshop abroad (person in question is in Switzerland anyway).

It seems crazy that French translations are so hard to find - my next option was to visit the European Bookshop in Warwick street, London, which may or may not have it - of course, I'll drop them a message first.

Does anyone know of any good shops either online or physical stores (preferably south east England) that has a complete selection of all the French translations? Or at least somewhere i can buy loamhedge! Thanks. :)
My ears, how are you, wot!

Osu

This is the only website I could find selling it, but think the vendor is only shipping within France? Tough one! I've always found my foreign editions at Amazon. I hate to say so, but I think the best bet for a French addition would be in a used bookstore. :/ Best of luck on your search!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Blazemane

I tried and I tried to find something online, but aside from the book on Amazon you mentioned, I only ever found one place which offered a price for the book. It just also happened to mention that the book was permanently out of stock.

That said, I think I can piggy back on the link Osu posted. If you go there, and then add the book to your cart, then once you go to your cart, near the top of that page, you should find "Cette commande est à destination de:"

In the scroll down list to the right of that, I am seeing "Royaume Uni" as an option, so maybe you can ship it internationally to the UK. Testing that out, the price I'm seeing for the book and for shipping is 28,99 €. I don't understand international currency well, but is that  £23.62, like Bing is telling me?

I'm also seeing "Suisse" in the scroll down list, so if you wanted to ship it directly to her home in Switzerland, you might be able to do that, too (also 28,99 €).

I hope this all works out for you!

Sailears

Amazing, thanks for the link and help. I prefer to have it posted here to UK so I can wrap it, and a friend is travelling over from there in a week anyway so can just take it back in their luggage and deliver it directly.

I'll try some bookstores in London when I have some time to do that - if I find something then great, otherwise I'll most likely order in from that website. Between £20 and £25 isn't bad including shipping, but I suppose I'll have to make the decision on that fast, if it's likely to take a week to ship.

Sailears

Just an update - planning on visiting the following four shops sometime this week:
The European Bookshop - down near Regent Street
The French Bookshop - in South Kensington
Foyles
The Oxfam shop in Gloucester Road

Hopefully one of the first two may have something - if not I might try to find out if they can order it in from somewhere.

Romsca

I really wish there were Spanish editions of Redwall :-\

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Romsca on May 24, 2014, 03:26:06 AM

Ypou'r4e Spanish, Romsca? "Huh..Curunen, I'm sorry: I have no clue! But, as suggested somewhere else, try Amazon...Or maybe THIS site! :D

Sailears

Haven't had a chance to run around and do this yet, just not had the time - will report back when I do. :)

Romsca

Quote from: Cornflower MM on May 24, 2014, 05:54:04 PM

Ypou'r4e Spanish, Romsca? "Huh..Curunen, I'm sorry: I have no clue! But, as suggested somewhere else, try Amazon...Or maybe THIS site! :D

No, but I can speak Spanish (sort of), I have some Hispanic friends, and if I wasn't so busy wanting to be Scottish I'd probably want to be Spanish :P

Anyway, according to the LDS genealogy database I'm part Spanish ;D (most recent ancestor was from the 1400-1500's though :-\)

Osu

@curunen - good luck! Let us know if you get your hands on a copy!

I would be very surprised if there weren't -- Spanish is one of the more popular languages, and I was sure I'd seen a copy of "Mariel de Redwall" at one point but I can't seem to find much information on it now. Strange. Maybe they're out of print...
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Cornflower MM

LordTBT

Interesting that this edition is unavailable at this time...you might try a French bookstore if you live in London as well.

Leatho Shellhound

There are, go to the Redwallabbey.com store, then under Foreign Editions, and you can chose which language you want, spanish is one of them.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Romsca

Only for Castaways of the Flying Dutchman :-\

Leatho Shellhound

Really? oh yeah..... that's sad, sorry about that.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner