News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Did you know

Started by rachel25, July 07, 2014, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

O, this topic is where you can share random information that you have found out with everyone!
I will start out with telling everyone that the saying, Curiosity killed the cat is not the full saying. The full saying is Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back again.  ;D

Cornflower MM

Hmm......Did you know that Feline hyperesthesia, one of the symptoms of Rippling Skin Disorder is loud "lost-in-the-night" howling

rachel25

Did you know the saying Blood is thicker than water doesn't mean family is stronger than friendship. It actually is referring that the blood of friendship is stronger than the water of the womb.  ;D

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rachel25 on July 08, 2014, 05:01:56 PM
Did you know the saying Blood is thicker than water doesn't mean family is stronger than friendship. It actually is referring that the blood of friendship is stronger than the water of the womb.  ;D

Whoa, really?

DYK  If you keep your eyes open by force when you sneeze, you might pop an eyeball out.

Jetthebinturong

*will

Yes I did

Did you know that cats have over fifty more bones than humans and have no collar bone, which means they can fit through any gap that their head can fit through?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 08, 2014, 10:26:42 PM
DYK  If you keep your eyes open by force when you sneeze, you might pop an eyeball out.
I looked that up, and according to what I read, it's a myth. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

DYK that the first steam car went in a race, drove at 99 MPH, then crashed and exploded?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOps.

DYK that a flock of chickens is actually a peep of chickens?

rachel25

Did you know that when otter fall asleep in the water, they hold paws to stop each other drifting away.
OH ITS SO VUTE! TOO MUCH CUTNESS! CAN'T HANDLE THE CUTNESS!

Cornflower MM

Now you're charging up the stairs......*Shakes head*

DYK that unlike dogs, cats do not have a sweet tooth. Scientists believe this is due to a mutation in a key taste receptor?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Dae ye ken 'ov Animalz eat zere food? Vatch carefully.

...An' ah zink zat video juzt elliminated any chaunce o' ziz topic gettin' moved tae ze Front Lavnz!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Cornflower MM

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rusvul

Aye, aye, aye...

Did you know that playing a Lycanthrope in D&D will net you a +3 Level Adjustment, meaning you're always behind your party?