News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Gwen's Apothecary

Started by Gwen A. Mouse, July 09, 2014, 06:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen A. Mouse

You walk into a dim room, lit only by a few smoky candles. It takes your eyes a moment to adjust after the bright afternoon sunlight on the street, and you blink reflexively at the change. From what you can see, herbs hang everywhere in the little shop. The wall behind you is covered by bookshelves, none of them less than packed with leatherbound volumes. Another two walls are filled with neatly labeled drawers and shelves filled with bottles and jars of all descriptions. The back wall, behind a cramped counter, is lost in shadow. At the counter sits a young creature who, upon seeing you, slips quietly off to the back of the shop. As you're wondering why, another beast steps out of the shadows. It comes around the counter, and now you can see that its form is that of a smiling, bespectacled mouse. She dusts off her paws on a light-colored apron and holds one out to you in a friendly gesture.

"Hello there, and welcome to my apothecary. I sell, buy, and mix all manner of herbal concoctions, as well as manuscripts dealing with botany. What can I do for you today?"

(Heh. Guess I got a bit carried away there. Anyway, if you need anything plant-related, I'm your gal. Medicines, teas, poisons- oops, did I say that out loud?- etc. I also sell botanical books, and give information freely. Enjoy!)
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Rusvul

Can I get a phial of nightshade phytotoxin? (Is a phytotoxin an actual thing? It sounds like it is. If it is, I probably don't mean what it is. I mean just a plant based poison.)

Gwen A. Mouse

Yes, hold on one moment. *rummages around underneath the counter, producing a tiny corked bottle, then hands it to you* And yes, phytotoxin is a real thing. It can mean either a poison derived from plants, or else something that is poisonous to plants. I assume you are looking for the former. ;)

That will be... one silver piece, and a promise of discretion. If anybeast in authority asks, you didn't get it here. Oh, also keep in mind that it is pretty potent stuff. A drop will make someone really sick, but recoverable, while two kills them within a day and three does the job within the hour.
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Cornflower MM

I need....Rosemary, lavender, tea tree, and basically every essentioal oil you got. I'll have the first three died, as well, please. Got to stock up folr my medical shop!

What? You thought I'd sell the stuff you get in DOCTOR'S OFFICES?!?! Are you craxzy? Yopu know what's in that stuff?

Gwen A. Mouse

That's a good decision. It's terrifying, what's actually in a flu shot. *fills a wicker basket with jars, each labeled clearly, and sets it on the counter* Here, you can take the basket as well, and just bring it back when you're done with it. One gold and three silver pieces for the lot- it should last you four to eight weeks, depending on how busy you are.

Cornflower MM

Thanks, Gwen!

Yea=h, I know! And then the stuff in those PILLs....*Shudders* Speaking of pills, I'll have some vitamins also...Just about some of everything you've got.

Gwen A. Mouse

All right. *adds a few more bottles and a number of packets to the basket* These are all homeopathic remedies, so don't worry about a thing. All natural. That's only going to add two silver pieces to the total, as well.

Cornflower MM

Okay, great! Thanks so much, Gwen! *Puts one gorl and six silver on counter* Keep the extra silver. ;)

Gwen A. Mouse

Pleasure doing business with you, miss! And the extra silver will just cover the order of that gentleman from earlier. How odd- he seems to have disappeared...

Cornflower MM

Yes, Rus does do that, I've noticed. It's a pleasure doing business with YOU, actually. :) *Grabs basket and sweeps out of shop*

Rusvul

*Turns away from the window, where I was examining the bottle in the light.* Oh, yes, my apologies. Here's your silver piece, and the discretion will show over time. Thanks. *Walks backwards out the door, cloak billowing*

Gwen A. Mouse

Oh! *turns suddenly in surprise* Sorry- you were so quiet! Um, thank you. *starts to watch you walk out the door, then remembers* It was nice doing business with you; please come again.

Rusvul

*Puts on hood and strange hand motion* *Glowing rune for a second or two, reading 'Be back soon, no doubt.'* *Rune vanishes*