News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Clash Of Clans

Started by The Mask, July 18, 2014, 04:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mask

I'm surprised this topic hasn't been made before, seeing as it is one of the most popular Android,iPad etc game. So does anyone here play it? Also if there are enough people interested we could make a clan.

Oh for those of you who don't know what Clash of Clans is: It is a sorta war game where you have to collect resources and make a powerful base while attacking other players.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Romsca

Absolutely! :D

All though I don't get on it that often anymore... :P

Rusvul

Popular doesn't mean good or fair.

I, personally, am opposed to it on the grounds of it being a mobile game. I don't see them as full games, moreso devices to take your money as you casually play a game to pass time. They're nearly always 'pay to win' or 'pay to not have to wait three hours,' which I absolutely hate.

But to each their own.

Cornflower MM

So, could anyone give me a few more details on this game?

The Mask

@Rus, The goodness(?) of the game wasn't why I created this thread. I created because it was so popular I was sure that at least a few members played. They are 'pay to not wait' games but really it is rather easy to progress through the game without buying gems.

@Corn.
Spoiler
You start off with a Town Hall. It can be upgraded to unlock more structures. This is possibly your most important building because if your enemy destroys it they win. But I'll explain that later. The next most important thing you get are resource buildings. There are two types of resources, Gold and Elixir and there are to types of buildings for both:Storage and Collectors. Resources are used to make and upgrade buildings. Another set of important buildings are your defenses. They protect your buildings from other players, who seek to destroy it. Defenses are usually turrets or walls. Now those are the buildings. Next, the ranking system.

Now the main way to progress is to collect trophies. You collect them by attacking other villages(bases). Destroying the opponents collectors and storages gives you loot. The amount of trophies gained depend on how much destruction you wreak on their village. Destroying their town hall will win you one star, destroying 50% of their village is another star. And TOTAL destruction will give you the final star. Now once you gain enough trophies you enter a league. Leagues are a bit like rankings and also give you extra loot when you win a raid. Now the main leagues are: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Master and Champion. Within each of these is 3 sections e.g Bronze III, Bronze II, Bronze I, Bronze I being the best.

Now this all well and good but what about the clan part? Well once you have rebuilt the clan castle you can join a clan. Clans are like your sports team, they can give you troops, tips, help etc. In return you should give troops, tips help etc. Recently they introduced Clan Wars, to put it simply it just just all the members of your clan attacking all the members of the opposing clan and vice versa. Some clans have certain requirements such as you must have X amount of trophies to join.

Also I forgot the mention to attack other villages you must have troops. These can be made in the Barracks using elixir. they are 'stored' in your army camps. Barracks can be upgraded to unlock better troops. Army camps can also be upgraded to hold more troops. The troops can also be upgraded once you have the Laboratory.

Well that's pretty much all I know. There are different strategies and other stuff, but that's the basics. Kinda.
[close]
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rusvul

Hmm. Again, to each their own. My point was that there's not really a reason to play... I dunno. I'm heavily biased against mobile games, because in my experience 90% of them are mindless entertainment that try to get you to pay them. There's lots that aren't- I've found some really great puzzle games that don't try to paygate you too much- But my experience with mobile games is fairly limited. Do as you wish.

rachel25

My brother and his friends play clash of clans. They dont buy stuff and they still manage. I personally prefer the stratigy game Rome Total War. But thats just me.                               *sent from my phone*

Rusvul

You can manage, but you don't have as good of an experience as you should. I'm in favor of games that you buy and then have- No microtransactions unless they're cosmetic.

rachel25

They didn't buy it, they just downloaded it. And my brother is doing really well without paying, he's only been on it for maybe two weeks, maybe a little more, and he's doing great!

Rusvul

That's what I'm saying- I don't like the 'Free-to-play, pay for conveniences that should be there already' business model. I really don't. I'd much rather pay 5-10 dollars for a game and have all of the content that exists, and not have to wait 72 hours for my house to build.

Cornflower MM

Meh. Not my type of thing. :-\

Tam and Martin

Hmm, I have seen my friend play it- I think- though I am not super interested. Computers aren't really my thing.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Gonff the Mousethief

I used to play a lot, and got a level 9 town hall without spending a dime . It's a fun game, but my brother took over my account.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

rachel25

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 19, 2014, 06:51:12 PM
Meh. Not my type of thing. :-\
Yeah, me too.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 19, 2014, 06:20:41 PM
That's what I'm saying- I don't like the 'Free-to-play, pay for conveniences that should be there already' business model. I really don't. I'd much rather pay 5-10 dollars for a game and have all of the content that exists, and not have to wait 72 hours for my house to build.
Yeah, I agree. I much, much prefer Total War.